2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Consumer Review: Left a sour taste in my mouth

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Left a sour taste in my mouth
By Cedric on

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car brand new. The clutch had to be replaced after about 14,000 miles but it was covered under warranty. Car started smoking with about 28,000 miles on it due to a blown seal in the turbo. The turbo had to be replaced along with some other parts but it was covered under warranty. The car is now back in the shop with about 40,000 miles on it. Started bucking and shuddering under light acceleration and the check engine light came on. It's now been at the shop for 2 full days and dealer is yet to tell me what's wrong with it. I love the car. Great bang for the buck but it's not reliable at all. I traded in an 05 Maxima (which also was a piece of junk) for this car.

Engine/power. Great get up and go. Six speed transmission. Overall styling

Mazda dropped the ball with this car. It could've been great but the issues with my car seems to be fairly common from what I've read. I love the looks and performance but I'll be trading it in whenever the dealer gets it fixed. I don't want it on my hands when the warranty expires.