2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
New Speed6 Owner
By revo on 05/21/06 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 2006 Speed6 Sport and am happy with it. I did considered the WRX. The Speed6 is a nice car and will suit my needs for the next few years. It's NOT a race car or designed to take to the drag strip and should not be compared to the WRX or Evo. It's more refined. This is a car for the baby-boomer who wants a sporty, reliable, and "slightly" understated sedan.

Fast Sleeper car!
By Matt on 05/20/06 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Speed6 is incredibly fast...turbo is amazing. Interior looks awesome as does the exterior. 18" rims are great as are the excellent summer tires. Navi is very nice and functional. Leather is very nice as well.

awesome
By importknightz84 on 05/13/06 19:49 PM (PDT)

just got my black MS6 on Wednesday and i have to say that it is the fastest car i have ever driven. it has everything i wanted in a car, from the turbo to the AWD. It's sporty as well as it is luxurious. Overall a blast to drive.

New MPS6
By Big-B on 05/09/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car has tons of bottom end/mid-range power but lacks oomph above 5500 rpm. That's the trade off you get with a turbocharged vehicle, it's one or the other. The performance and handling is very similar to the 350Z I had, except it's faster off the corners due to the AWD. The trade off there is it's not as much fun as a RWD car. Very comfortable and well designed on the inside.

MSP6 and nothing else!
By m3nmsp6 on 04/26/06 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and I can tell this is one of those cars that you just can't wait to look at and drive. The speed, cornering and overall driving performance is just outstanding. The clutch only took 1 1/2 days to master. I got the Sport in Pearl White and I love the fact I have only seen 1 other MSP6 since they went on sale!

I Love it, except ......
By clutch on 04/25/06 21:23 PM (PDT)

What I wanted was the Mits EVO or the Subaru Impreza STI. I also have a wife and one test ride threw those cars out. So in came the Volvo S40 AWD T5, Audi A4 Quattro, Subaru Legacy GT and Mazda MSP6. The Volvo needed a little more power but a very nice car. The Audi just started to cost too much with all the options. The Subaru styling was little too bland but it was fast. The Mazda just did the best job with HP, price and styling. I have had it for a few months and still like attacking on/off ramps and just cruising in it. The Bose sound is mediocre at best. I will be replacing the speakers soon. The seats could use more upper body bolstering. The tires could be bigger 235's would be nice.

Worth Every Penny
By Speed 6 Addict on 04/12/06 07:22 AM (PDT)

I recently picked up my liquid platinum speed 6 GT and I am happy to say that this car is amazing. The turbocharged 4 cylinder engine feels like it's got a v6. The look is sleek and fast yet doesn't shout fast and furious boy racer. It is tastefully designed and carefully engineered. The 6 speed manual transmission is a joy to drive and the awd just adds to the fun. This car has the practicality of an Accord with the fun to drive factor of a Mustang. I highly recommend this car.

ZoomZoom
By Mike on 04/11/06 22:19 PM (PDT)

I got my MAZDASPEED 1 month ago now. I have to say this car is amazing. It's fast, responsive, and luxurious. It gets good gas mileage for a car this powerful. It has stunning looks IMO. Not too loud but just a clean look. The gear box is a joy to operate. The Bose sound system while not amazing is still better than most factory stereos. This car already is getting some decent aftermarket support. Given time I think there should be more then enough products to choose from. Bottom line, if you want a car with a little less power than an Evo or STi but still want some luxury, this is the car for you.

A Japanese Rocketship!
By RWM on 04/11/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

Currently a Honda fanatic - but I wanted AWD performance in a sedan and Honda has stayed away from manual transmission AWD sedans. So as I looked for years at used Porsche Carrera 4's (pricey!) and tried to convince my wife that a third or four car in the driveway was "OK" (what was I thinking), along comes Mazda with a magnificent AWD sports sedan. Forget the Porsche, and the need for more than two cars! I have traded in my Honda Accord (a great car) and have two baby seats in the back of this Japanese rocket ship. Took delivery with zero defects! No problems to date. This is my first Mazda; hats off to the Mazda engineering team and executives to price this lower than Audi & BMW!

Fun Car
By Jan on 03/13/06 14:58 PM (PST)

I've owned the MAZDASPEED 6 for over 3-weeks. The car is great at all speeds, with almost no turbo drag. It is fun to drive. The AWD is what first brought my attention to this model as well as the lack of a hood scoop and large spoiler. It is an excellent choice for great handling performance car without those in "your face" looks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.