2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Brilliant MPS
By Dar on 07/30/06 04:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love this car...put RX8 alloys so it looks like a factory special...so simple to clean the wheels after those too fussy original equipment 18s. The car is a little heavy in gearbox use but all is forgiven when you flex the right ankle and feel that response. The figures for in-gear acceleration make it quicker than a Boxster S through the gears...love that torque. A rocket and with the wider wheels better looking and better handling. A great package. My friend has a late model S4 Audi...the MPS is just as fast at half the price.

OZ MPS
By Daridari on 07/24/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

I just love this car. I traded a 2005 Mazda6 Hatch for it. Just love Mazdas . Previously owned a 2004 Mazda3 SP23 as well (bought the wife an RX8! too). The MPS is a surprise package, so much torque with just a ankle rotation to blast off any annoying tailgater. The car has RX8 wheels on it and the car benefits from addition. I just love the feel of the car. Its steering is more weighted than the standard Mazda6 and it is a dream to drive in the wet. So safe and so forgiving. My friend has an Audi S4 it's certainly no better and in Oz is twice the money....

Awesome Sports Sedan
By Chobs on 07/15/06 06:20 AM (PDT)

I was looking at several performance cars, including the RX-8, Mustang, and even GTO, but this car truly surprised me. I had a Mazda3 and have always enjoyed it and thought why not give it a shot. Holy Cow! This thing could go. The handling is awesome, nothing could compare, the ride was quiet, and the acceleration surprising. I test drove it three times just to make sure, and with all the options (sunroof, leather, nav system, etc.) nothing else I looked at compared. It's practical, but sporty. The styling is great, and the inside is on par with other luxury vehicles. This is my 3rd Mazda, so I trust the brand. If you want a sport sedan, check this one out, it will surprise you.

best AWD performance sedan
By ac on 06/27/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

Bought this car 4 weeks ago and I have to tell you that besides the great car it is I also got it for a great price. Quality, performance, organization, logistics, and style are top notch. And many thousands less than a BMW or an Audi. Do yourself a favor and check this car out.

Great car all around
By Dr. Bob on 06/22/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned a few performance cars over 30+ years (MR2, Mustang, Audi, Prelude); this seems the best combination of high performance, comfort and cost. Cornering and handling like the MR2, power like the Mustang, safety like the Audi, reliability like the Honda-what's not to love?

So far so good
By jpc on 06/19/06 16:47 PM (PDT)

I traded in a 2005 Acura TL because I wanted a car with a little more performance. Through the time I've had the Speed6, I have yet to be sad that I bought it. Simply put, it makes me smile every time I step on the gas.

Top bang for the buck with seating for 5
By Paul M on 06/05/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

Replaced a 2001 BMW 325. Shopped BMW 325, Acura TSX, Jetta GLI, Volvo S40, Lexus IS250, and Saab 9-3. From a performance standpoint the MS6 blows the doors off the the other cars I shopped. The only one in the same performance league is the BMW. In terms of fit and finish the MS6 was barely better than only the Saab and Volvo. The engine is wonderful and pulls strong as long as the revs stay above 3k. Braking is phenomenal and the DSC does an excellent job of keeping the driver in control during wet weather. The car turns like it's on rails. Test drove a GT package but decided on sport model for one main reason -- leather seats in GT model do not have high enough side bolsters.

First Mazda Experience
By J.D. on 05/31/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

This car handles like a dream. It's got the best of both worlds...the pep of a sports car and the interior room and comfort of a sedan. Excellent design, overall.

What a Surprise!
By Hollywood on 05/24/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

Mazda comes through again. This is my 5th Mazda (RX-7, B2000 & 2 MPV's) so I felt comfortable with the brand. Looked and drove the IS250, G35X and C280 4-matic. For what you get in those (fit & finish mostly) it's definitely not worth the extra cash. I love the power band. The drivers seat/steering wheel has plenty of adjustments to get comfortable. The Bose system is adequate but I didn't buy the car for the stereo. The 6-speed is wonderful and rear gearing seems to be appropriate. The styling is both subdued and eye catching at the same time. Best of all this is a one time production car (2006 only). it will hold its value.

Zoom!
By Zoom in FLA on 05/23/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

I've had mine for a very short time, about 2 weeks. I love it in almost every manner. I could not find a better (more fun) car for the money. I was about to get a Mustang GT until I drove the Mazda MZ-6, Whoa!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.