2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
MazdaSpeed Lover
By NoVA Commuter on 01/11/07 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As of this date I have put 2000 miles on my new MazdaSpeed 6, and am happier every day with the purchase. I got used to the somewhat touchy clutch after a couple of days and suggest one time test drivers not be put off by it. With rebates bringing out-the-door price below $25 K, this sedan is a screaming deal. Tested Subaru Legacy GT spec B, Audi A4, and BMW 3 - the Speed 6 provided by far the best bang for buck.

Zoom-Zoom x 6
By SLVRBL8T on 12/28/06 09:18 AM (PST)

This is the closest to a German handling sport sedan that Mazda has ever created. It may look like a "Plain Jane", but this girl likes to party.

Great car, bad gas mileage
By Redlinez on 12/10/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, I didn't do much research, so shame on me. I got such a good deal, my mind went blank. Now is the time to buy one. Great family car, we have a Mazda6 wagon and love it. This is the dad's fast car. Great looks, solid clutch, AWD, and strong power. However, be prepared for premium fuel (expected) and what I consider poor fuel mileage. My first two tanks driving like a grandma only netted me 21-22mpg. The sticker does say 19-25, so they didn't lie. The cloth seats are very adjustable, I recommend stepping to the GT for that reason alone, but hey, you get what you can afford.

SMazdasleeper 6
By Hal on 12/01/06 12:29 PM (PST)

If Mazda had launched even the slightest marketing effort on this car, you would not be able to buy one. As it is, you can name your price. The MS6 is richly appointed and well designed. The interior is comfortable and reasonably quiet. I read a review of the car that was less than complementary. The same magazine recently had the Speed 3 on the cover and the article praised the car. We also have a MS3. There is little difference between the cars. The Speed 6 is a stellar car for the money. It smokes my A4 in almost every category. It is faster, quieter, better appointed, cost a lot less, and is built in Japan. Don't wait for the commercials…buy now.

Buy it and love it.
By Derek D on 11/21/06 17:56 PM (PST)

I bought this car and loved it right away. Six speed standard and very fast. The 18 inch tires that come on it are excellent. The tires keep you on the road and stick in the corners. Very cool looking car. Insurance cost a little more and tire are priced high. Stereo is very good with the Bose system and six disk changer and sat radio upgrade. The power is all where it should be with the all wheel drive and traction control you take off like a rocket. HID headlights are bright and look better than the norm. Handling on highway is amazing - when changing lanes at high speeds it is comfortable with no body roll. I installed the cold air intake and it sounds great.

Grab it while you can
By Nathan on 11/15/06 09:18 AM (PST)

I have owned this vehicle for only about 4 weeks now, but I am loving it so far. Mazda may have summed it all up with their simple "Zoom-Zoom". For a sedan of this size the power and the handling are absolutely AMAZING! Bear in mind that it is not a track ready race machine but it is plenty capable of a good time. I rated the build quality and reliability very high but of course I haven't had any issues in 4 weeks of ownership. I guess we will have to see how well the new Mazda will hold up. The biggest problem I see with this car is that Mazda doesn't advertise it. I stumbled onto it by mistake while getting the oil changed.

True Zoom Zoom!
By Bradfield on 11/14/06 09:43 AM (PST)

This car has it all! I had recently owned a 2005 Mazda6 and upgraded to the Speed6. I wanted this car before it was even in production, and it is worth every dime. If you are looking for a thrilling driving experience, this is a must! I knew the car would be great, but I didn't know it would be unbelievable. From great engine and turbo response to superior handling, it doesn't get any better. People just don't know what this has under the hood. The styling, mechanics, and workmanship are next to no other. Everyone that I have let drive this car has one word to say when they get out. "WOW!" I was more excited when I found out that my rare Whitewater Pearl has been discontinued in '07.

Loves to Run Hard Despite Flaws
By Dave on 11/13/06 12:04 PM (PST)

I traded in a Mustang GT for a Black MS6 which is my first experience with an AWD vehicle. The MS6 gives all but the elite group (Audi S, BMW M, Mercedes AMG, etc.) a run for their money. The MS6 is great fun to drive, handles very well with only a hint of understeer. The brakes are fantastic; however, it needs more tire. What a great highway vehicle. In 6th gear it pulls like a champ with gobs of available acceleration. However, the car needs better torque delivery from a standstill. It feels like a 4 cylinder Honda up until 3500 RPM when it pulls like crazy. Clutch action is horrible, requiring very careful application. Gas mileage is very poor, even with careful use of the turbo.

Zoom Zoom
By Zoom ZOOM on 10/29/06 02:22 AM (PST)

Was ready to buy a WRX, then drove the Speed6. I could not pass up the performance & value for the price. Bought the Grand Touring for little more than a spartan equipped WRX. I like the WRX's overt styling cues, but appreciate the subtle styling of the Speed6.

Zoom Zoom
By Atenza Driver on 10/26/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

I love "Sleepers". Cars that aren't flashy but are fast. People see this car and think it's a family sedan. So sorry Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Acura etc. I guess your "Ultimate Driving Machine" wasn't so ultimate after all. I was looking at a lot of different vehicles before I decided that this was the one I wanted in my garage. G35 sedan with a 6MT was a little too big and heavy for my tastes. EVO and STi are great performers but hardly subtle with their huge wings. Like Goldilocks said, this one is just right.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.