2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Excellent Sleeper Car
By SR on 06/29/07 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 1.5 years, I still greatly enjoy the car. It's fun to drive - a great less-expensive alternative to a BMW 3 series. Hard to believe it's a 4-cylinder, as it has more low-end torque than most 6s I've driven. There's a "hiccup" at very low RPM if you suddenly floor it, so stay above 3000 if you need instant power.

You need to drive one!!
By Randall on 05/05/07 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

You will not believe for a second this a 4cyl until you raise the hood. This car smokes any 6 and most cyl on takeoff, top end and certainly cornering. No cons that I can see except the clutch is hard to get used to, it releases about 1" from the floor.

Exploit their mistake!
By Happy Owner on 04/23/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

Due to the lack of marketing, an 06 Grand Touring is a terrific bargain. Mine includes nav, roof and autodim mirror. I like my Mazda better than a BMW 530 I recently drove. The Mazda is very refined, smooth and ultra quiet. The AWD make it even more of a bargain, brakes are fantastic and traffic "darting" while not condoned is very easy. The car handles like a dream and has almost no body roll at all in the twisties. Insurance is cheaper than you'd expect! The nav is a waste - DON'T DO IT! You can't make any adjustments when the car is moving, which doesn't make sense since the remote comes out for a passenger to use.

Don't Do It
By bolosmith on 04/17/07 06:41 AM (PDT)

As a long time Mazda owner and the owner of a 2004 Mazda 6 V6/5speed, traded in at 60K miles for this 2006 MazdaSpeed6, I have a couple of things to say. The MS6 I own is a piece of junk that has had rear end whine since 1100 miles, has chewed up 2 sets of front tires in 3400 miles, has had a CEL a coupla times, and most importantly, Mazda will not keep their word. I've not driven this car for 6 weeks which is how long Mazda took to decide what to do after renegging on a promise of a buy it back and replace it with another different Mazda. They just decided 2 weeks ago to replace the rear differential and just put another set of tires on it... Who knows?

The Best Bang for the Buck
By Steve on 04/01/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

The car is a blast to drive. On smooth pavement it's like being in a bank vault, but bumps in the road will cause a fair amount of noise in the cabin. The clutch was tricky at first, but after I got used to it, there were no more problems. You don't have to worry about merging into traffic with this car. The torque of the engine also means infrequent shifts, even in heavy traffic. My biggest problem so far has been going faster than I intended.

Waiting For The Next Re-Flash
By deebee1 on 03/06/07 12:41 PM (PST)

Well built for the price segment & fun to drive. Interior is comfortable with excellent driver positioning. Chassis is rigid with good steering & suspension feedback. Engine is strong (when it wants to be) with well spaced gearbox ratios. A great blend of versatility & performance.

Zoom Zoom
By WHITFOC on 02/21/07 13:30 PM (PST)

Just bought used GT with navi/roof with 5200 miles. Love the car. Handled very well on the 1200 mile trip home. Has plenty of pick up even in 6th gear. Wheels were kind of a turn off, but getting used to them.

Speed6 GT, the way to go
By Memnon on 02/19/07 14:05 PM (PST)

Have had the car for about 4 1/2 months, with 3150 miles on it. I also looked at TSX, A4 Quattro, S40, G35x, Legacy GT Limited. In the end the Speed6 GT had all the features I wanted, plus some extras; a sleeper, with AWD, heated seats (live in the north-east), manual shift. TSX was nice, but no AWD and no bargains on them. There are really only 2 "big" issues; tough clutch (but you get used to it) and poor gas mileage, especially since you have to use 93... but my commute is short, so not a big deal for me.

Zoom Zoom
By Brad on 01/29/07 07:16 AM (PST)

This is my first Mazda, and I must say I made a good choice with the Mazdaspeed 6. The turbo charged engine is great and is a lot of fun to drive. And you are in control, no overboost, good torque split 4 wheel drive system. The Bose audio sounds great with fm, cd's, and Sirius! I much recommend this car for someone looking for a head turning car.

Love the Speed6
By Eric S on 01/25/07 13:29 PM (PST)

I have 8000 miles on the car in all types of weather. I love this car. It's fast and civilized at the same time. I'm a relatively aggressive driver and it still averages 19mpg around town - albeit on 93 octane. It isn't a substitute for the boy-racer cars, but more for adults that also want the power. In comparing it to my G-35 I had before, it doesn't ride quite as well, is about as comfortable, and handles better and is much quicker - The AWD and High-po tires give it astonishing grip in the wet!. The one negative - I'll be lucky to get 12000 mile out of the Bridgestones.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.