2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
I got the first one -- G.T. with roof
By Jim E on 01/05/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I work for Mazda. I've been waiting for this car for almost a year. I found out why they delayed it. Still in break in period. I love the car. Anticipate poor tire wear. Few choices for replacement.

Ultimate bang for your buck.
By jholman on 01/04/06 22:23 PM (PST)

I picked up my new MS6 in late December for my local dealer. They were very reluctant to deal on the price due to the scarcity and performance of this auto. I have been reading about the MS6 for about 5 months before I picked mine up and knew I was going to love it because I really enjoyed the normal 6. Being a taller individual and a hockey goalie, I need adequate space for myself and my hobbies. I am not a family man yet, but I could see this as a great, sporty, family zoomer. I was reluctant against leather, but the MS6 has great quality leather that is tightly wrapped giving a very comfy ride and feel. The power is amazing with virtually no turbo lag and the cornering redefines "on rails"

Only one week old, But...
By Lisa on 01/03/06 00:26 AM (PST)

My all time favorite car was my 97 Mazda Millenia S with the Miller cycle turbo. I traded it for a 2000 Lincoln LS, & spent 6.5 years with performance disappointment. Sure, it was comfortable, but what about the get up & go? Well after watching and waiting for Mazda to come up with something similar to the Millenia S, out comes Speed6. I couldn't wait to drive it and see if it brought back the memories. Sure enough Mazdaspeed6 delivers. The look is different then the Mazda 6, and more like the Millenia was. Especially the rear end. The Grand Touring has almost all of the luxury goodies I am used to from the Lincoln, except auto head lights & auto windshield wipers & preset seat position.

So far So great
By SPEED6 on 12/30/05 00:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my speed6 not having driven nor seeing one in person. A pure bargain it seems so far. I also have a '92 Celica All Trac turbo, and to me this is the closest a sedan has come to matching the mindset of the ALL TRAC. I believe other cars might match the build quality, but I cannot imagine nor haven't seen better build quality. Also the Q-Car nature of it keeps attention away. Don't be pushed away by the high curb weight, the direct injection turbo 4 can handle ALL the weight. Realize that every ounce of this car is needed to deliver the quality of its ride and construction. If your thinking about an Audi or Subaru and you don't want to see yourself coming and going, look at the SPEED6.

Perfect Family Performance
By shintaro on 12/15/05 22:12 PM (PST)

I used to own a Mazda6i, but when the MS6 came out I couldn't resist. It is quite simply one of the all time best cars I have ever driven, let alone owned. Its performance is mind blowing and handling is sensational. My only complaints are the high clutch take up point, and the lack of top end power, but it really doesn't matter when you have that much torque and traction.

MazdaSpeed6 - My Dream Car!
By MicheleS - Alaska on 12/15/05 01:17 AM (PST)

We purchased a MZ3 5 door 3 months ago; while searching MazdaUSA for accessories, I happened on the MS6. OMG! I had to have the car! I immediately called the dealership, the car was not due to arrive in Anchorage, AK until a month later. I purchased the vehicle prior to driving it as it was shipped with summer tires, but a couple days later the dealer had installed studless snow tires, and I finally got my test drive. Having owned an '88 Mazda MX-6 that I sold this year, which was purchased new, I know Mazdas are excellent products! I was not disappointed in any way. The comfort, ride, handling w/ all wheel drive is phenomenal. I expect to keep this car for 17 years at least!

Definitely worth a look...
By JustaJoe on 12/11/05 00:24 AM (PST)

At some point, we all have to grow up a little - in my case, with the birth of my first child, I needed to move away from the 2 seat sports car I had been driving, to something with a usable backseat. I didn't want to compromise my driving pleasure, but wanted all the luxury amenities too. The MazdaSpeed6 adds another option to those thinking Acura TL, BMW 325i, Audi A4 or even Subaru Legacy GT Limited. I looked around at various models for some time, and finally decided on the MazdaSpeed6, which is the right blend of performance and luxury, in my opinion. The engine, albeit somewhat buzzy at revs, pulls like a freight train. The brakes are keen and the interior is sporty-plush.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.