2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda6 model:
Wow, what a car!
By Ken on 02/24/06 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

All I can say is wow since having this car! I researched and drove countless models looking for an entry level luxury sport sedan. The Speed6 has everything I wanted whereas the competitors each had something I wanted but not everything. To summarize, the car is quieter than Acura TL and Infinity G35, faster and better handling than Accord or Lexus IS250 and more luxurious for the price than any other car I've driven for under around $30,000 or less.

Great Car
By LarryWC on 02/22/06 11:33 AM (PST)

Went from 6S to SPEED6 - what a difference. This is a great car, lots of power, handles great in turns!

Mazda Takes a Swing at the Beemer Boys
By Park Jazz on 01/29/06 05:02 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

While I've only had the car a very short time, I can honestly say I'm impressed. Being a true automotive nut with pennies to toss away at will, I buy and sell cars, trucks, and motorcycles more often than some folks change their shirts. While there are several flaws with the base model, given the price after the applicable rebates, I can live with them for at least 12 months. Maybe 18, but that would be pushing it. Take my advice. Spend the extra couple bucks for the Touring package. So what's the gripe? No heated mirrors, and worse, a seat adjustment that leaves you with cramped legs or a pulled muscle on your right side reaching 5th gear. Missing too is a compass in the mirror.

Best Zoom-Zoom Offering Yet
By mk706 on 01/23/06 12:48 PM (PST)

I've only owned my MS6-GT a week, but I've been dreaming of it for months. I thought the euphoria would have worn off by now, but no luck! Each drive is more enjoyable than the last. The MS6 is a real driver's automobile. The powertrain is responsive and highway driving is truly a joy. Other than the power pack & AWD, the biggest improvement over a M6 has to be the suspension and steering. The car is incredible at all speeds and driving conditions. Itís especially fun to drive at high speeds through curvy roads and turns. My third Mazda, the MS6-GT has exceeded my expectations and reinforces my purchase decision. I highly recommend the MS6 to anyone needing zoom-zoom in their life!

Mazda put the Zoom Zoom into a sedan
By Peter on 01/20/06 18:00 PM (PST)

Well, I just purchased this Speed6 and it is a trip to drive. It has incredible pick up. I used to drive a '95 Jetta, and itís not nearly as gaudy as those racerboy Evo's and STi's. However, there is more to it than horsepower and torque. It looks good, the white exterior and black and white leather inside look stunning, in fact, today I was walking past a gentleman who had parked next to me in a parking lot, and he, talking to his daughter said, "man thatís a nice Mazda." It is everything I wanted, powerful, fun to drive, and great looking. All this while maintaining the sleeper look that makes me like it so much.

I test drove it, I liked it, I have it.
By Roman on 01/16/06 02:06 AM (PST)

I am 29 and happily married with the need for speed plus comfort, and let me tell you this car is satisfying my need very well. When you put it into 1st gear it will start slow till you get the RPMs into 2500 -- and that is where the fun (ZOOM-ZOOM) begins. It will push you back into your seat in every gear including the 6th. The thing that I like on it the most is when you cruising 75 M/H at 3K RPMs and there is a car that you like to pass. Well, an auto transmission would change a gear or two, not this boy. It will answer your foot with power even at the last gear. The inside controls are well designed, the Bose sound system works like the BOSE.

It sells itself
By wes grandmont on 01/13/06 13:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I started out looking for a high performance two seater and was about to buy a Honda S2000 until I test drove the Mazdaspeed. Within about 500 feet I was sold. This is hands down no contest the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven and I drive a lot. This is a performance vehicle that you can drive on a long trip and not be exhausted. The acceleration on this vehicle totally takes you by surprise on your first drive and the handling is precise. This is an adult's performance vehicle.

a new look for sedans
By chris on 01/12/06 16:08 PM (PST)

I was looking for an entry luxury car to begin with, but ended up buying the MS6. The awd grabbed my attention first. High performance awd vehicles are rarities. The MS6 provides the punch of an STi/Evo without the flashy in-your-face body style. And compared to the Audi and BMW, well you're paying 2/3 of the price for a comparable model with twice the performance. The MS6 also offers a much larger interior space than the competitors so the backseat riders won't feel discomfort. To sum it up, it's a practical family sport sedan with a lot of punch.

Liquid Joy
By Gohan929 on 01/12/06 00:27 AM (PST)

Just came out of a 2003 Mazda 6S 5 speed. My 1st (& last) FWD car. I have been waiting for the MAZDASPEED car for almost a year. Even though this car is still FWD biased it is head & shoulders a better driving experience than the regular 6. My only other issues with the previous car were the lack of power & kick panels. Both kept coming off . I'm still working through my break in period so I haven't gotten too outta control. I can't wait to get deep into the power and experience my new 4WD drift. I recently purchased an Acura MDX for my wife and the navigation is terrific! I think Fisher Price designed Mazda's system. I have liquid platinum exterior with black/white guts. Looks Bentlyesque!

Mazdaspeed6
By alnitlng on 01/06/06 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda6 Sport 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

PROS-DISI, turbo, tuned suspension. I used to own a Mazda6i, but this car is completely different. CONS -- would like to have a bit louder blow off valve. Not a full time all wheel drive. Gas mileage took a hit, but that is expected. Clutch is not the smoothest and will take time to get use to. Comes with performance tires so need to change out tires when winter hits. Overal -- can't beat the price for all the performance and comfort this car entails.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.