Used 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 6 model:

Waiting For The Next Re-Flash
By deebee1

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well built for the price segment & fun to drive. Interior is comfortable with excellent driver positioning. Chassis is rigid with good steering & suspension feedback. Engine is strong (when it wants to be) with well spaced gearbox ratios. A great blend of versatility & performance.

Favorite Features

Understated "sleeper" appearance, performance & build quality. Zero rattles/squeaks.

Suggested Improvements

Engine performance very inconsistent. Factory re-flash to fix hesitation only made it much slower, & the stutter/hesitation is still there. Not the same pull of the car I test drove. Multiple visits to 2 dealers without engine remedy isn't their fault...it's up to the factory ECU programmers.

Zoom Zoom
By WHITFOC

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought used GT with navi/roof with 5200 miles. Love the car. Handled very well on the 1200 mile trip home. Has plenty of pick up even in 6th gear. Wheels were kind of a turn off, but getting used to them.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, autolock feature, red illumination of dash at night, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Navi can only be used when stopped and should be touch screen like our TL. Lock and mirror buttons do not light up at night. Moonroof should be one touch open and close. Placement of seat heater buttons not as user friendly as Honda/Acura. Not fond of the carpet texture or the berber like floormats.

Speed6 GT, the way to go
By Memnon

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had the car for about 4 1/2 months, with 3150 miles on it. I also looked at TSX, A4 Quattro, S40, G35x, Legacy GT Limited. In the end the Speed6 GT had all the features I wanted, plus some extras; a sleeper, with AWD, heated seats (live in the north-east), manual shift. TSX was nice, but no AWD and no bargains on them. There are really only 2 "big" issues; tough clutch (but you get used to it) and poor gas mileage, especially since you have to use 93... but my commute is short, so not a big deal for me.

Favorite Features

A real sleeper with gobs of power, keyless entry and start, exclusivity (I love not seeing all sorts of people driving the same car as me), heated seats for those cold days!, styling inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Work on that clutch, gas mileage (even though it's a turbo, it's still a 4 banger).

Zoom Zoom
By Brad

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Mazda, and I must say I made a good choice with the Mazdaspeed 6. The turbo charged engine is great and is a lot of fun to drive. And you are in control, no overboost, good torque split 4 wheel drive system. The Bose audio sounds great with fm, cd's, and Sirius! I much recommend this car for someone looking for a head turning car.

Favorite Features

Turbo charged 2.3 liter, Bose audio, 18 inch rims, interior, 4 wheel drive, HID headlights, red interior gauges. Everything!

Suggested Improvements

One touch power moonroof, standard iPod adapter.

Love the Speed6
By Eric S

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring 4dr Sport Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have 8000 miles on the car in all types of weather. I love this car. It's fast and civilized at the same time. I'm a relatively aggressive driver and it still averages 19mpg around town - albeit on 93 octane. It isn't a substitute for the boy-racer cars, but more for adults that also want the power. In comparing it to my G-35 I had before, it doesn't ride quite as well, is about as comfortable, and handles better and is much quicker - The AWD and High-po tires give it astonishing grip in the wet!. The one negative - I'll be lucky to get 12000 mile out of the Bridgestones.

Favorite Features

AWD. Torque. Fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

In dash GPS. Automatic headlights.