Best value for the money
By Tommy O. on
2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
As an intro I am a senior citizen (male) going thru my second late teen episode with sporty cars. The speed3 is without a doubt the best car I have ever driven or owned. It has incredible acceleration performance with concomitant handling/braking/steering. It is a very exhilarating experience to drive though it is easy to break most speed laws. It does NOT want to go slow. It is very comfortably solid cruising at very high speeds. Most passenger just smile with an occasional ooh or ahh as they get plastered to the seat back with the force of acceleration. I bought a Valentine radar/laser detector to help me not get caught when I occasionally have a lapse of attention to my actual speed.
Favorite Features
The predominant feature is the breath taking acceleration. Next is the truly excellent handling on curves. The quick and precise steering lends to the feeling of control when hard cornering is in process. The drivers accommodations are excellent and comfortable. The seats are exceptional!
Suggested Improvements
It would be difficult to improve on this auto for the price. I would like to see somewhat stiffer suspension that would reduce the body role feeling when cornering at high speeds.