First Impressions
By Brother Zachary on
2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
(This is my first week's review, so I rated a 10 on reliability just based upon Mazda reputation). I had to get a red one (naturally). The minute I test drove it I was sold. It is definitely a driver's car. Handling is crisp, precise and responsive, though even with the electronic compensation, I still notice the torque steer. Being 6'3", I fit into it fine, unlike in some other makes where I feel cramped. Fit and finish is nice inside and out, and the car turns heads. Definitely a winner. I didn't realize how great this car is until they gave me a regular 3 as a rental while they put some extra stuff on it. It is like comparing an apple (Speed3) to a pea (3). Lot of car for the money.
Favorite Features
Telescoping wheel, HID and LED lights with auto function, fog lights, trunk light (not sure why one reviewer said there wasn't one), electronic headlight positioner, nice gauge display, massive glove box, aux audio jack, lots of cup holders, driver's cockpit fully adjustable for the short and tall.
Suggested Improvements
Hood scoop (notice they have it on the '10), boost gauge, digital speedo/analog tach combination (like on the RX8), iPod- specific jack, darker tinted windows, external handle for hatchback.