2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
compact monster
By Zman on 03/22/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After mulling it over for about 2 months I took the plunge and traded my 2008 Mazda 3 5 door hatch for a 2009 Mazda speed 3. My only concern initially was the exhaust sound, but I like it now. I previously had a 318ti, 325i and a minicooper, so I am a tough sell for sporty car. I was blown away with the steering feel, brakes, suspension, and very linear power delivery. I was already used to and liked the Mazda 3, but the speed 3 just makes you want to step on it every chance you get. I think the 18 inch wheels are a bit overkill, especially when you consider the weight of them. I got this car for $20,000 after some serious haggling, what bang for the buck.

An eye-opener
By Shane D on 02/13/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I "downsized" from a 6 cyl 3.0 Audi quattro to the MS3. I've only had the car a week but its the MOST FUN I have ever had on a tank of gas. Seriously fast, great exhaust note, comfortable, stylish, feature rich and completely inexpensive.

Best Car for Your Money
By Alex on 02/03/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I can't believe how much fun this car really is! it is one of the most fun car's I've ever driven. Definitely best car in its class hands down! It's got comfort, performance, handling, and its practical. You can haul and take four other people with you. This car is a beast! So I suggest going to your local Mazda dealer and driving one of these bad boys!

True Red Terror
By Max on 12/27/08 08:58 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The MS3 can can be a little terror, or tame; a Jekyll and Hyde type of car. It's amazing how much performance is packaged in a car at this price range. The handling, acceleration and practicality are all superb, not to mention the tough sounding exhaust note. I've also been getting pretty decent gas mileage in the mid 20s.

A little monster.
By 09Spd3 on 11/13/08 16:12 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased my Speed 3 about 2 weeks ago and so far it has been a blast to drive. It handles extremely well with little torque steer when you want it to really go. Tons of torque and horsepower to play with. Little to no turbo lag when driving aggressively. Gas mileage so far has been about 20 in the city and short highway trips with a mix of spirited driving and just tooling around. The interior is comfortable and clean. Seats do a great job at holding the passengers when cornering. Plenty of room for hauling stuff with the back seats down. Recommend getting the rubber mat for the cargo area. The mirror with compass and homelink is easy to synch with garage doors. Most bang for your buck.

TOO MUCH FUN!!
By wrxforlunch on 11/10/08 01:30 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for a car that was built for the love of driving this little burner is the one for you!! It has it all - acceleration, top speed, handling, and braking!! And as added incentive, it's got all the room and usefulness inherent to hatchbacks (in case you have a family to haul at times)!! As an aside, I've gotten 26, 26, and 25 mpg on my first 3 fill-ups in mixed driving... can't beat that!!:-)

An amazing car at an amazing price
By BHazard on 10/31/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The '09 MS3 is a blast to drive. I picked up the True Red GT and it turns heads. It's quick, handles like a dream, stops on a dime, and gets pretty good gas mileage. I had a Mazdaspeed 6, and the 3 drives much better, with an easier clutch to work with. This car begs to go fast.

Love It
By djakimczuk on 10/20/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just recently picked up an 09 in pearl white. Love it, fit and finish and overall car is just great quality.. plenty of power to get me into trouble and will be a great DD and a good autox toy. The LSD in this car works great. and with the big brakes it makes it real easy to have the back end come around on hard corners. LOVE IT

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 in VA is:

$136 per month*