2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
Fun Car
By FastGal on 12/08/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

well I wanted to treat myself to a fun vehicle,and I was turn on to this little booger !and all I can say is wow every time I put my foot in her (which is more times than I should !).

True Red Pocket Rocket
By dagger23 on 05/14/09 01:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned this car for over two months now and it is by far the funnest car I have ever driven. Not quite as fast as my blown 93 Firebird but a better driver. Handling and acceleration are incredible. Nothing quite like hitting the interstate with cruise already on at 75mph and not really pushing it. I drive like that all the time and it still averages over 26mpg. Go figure. Even wifes regular Mazda 3 get great mileage (over 30). Only real issue I have (and its a minor one) is both vehicles have rattles in both front doors by the speakers.

Great little car!!
By ew on 04/29/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Did a little research on this car and had to take it for a test drive. Well one drive and I was sold! The car is a total blast to drive! The breaks, power and it seat four adults. I never expected a 4cyl to be this fast! I raced my friend in his new bmw 745! on some back roads in western Il and he could not pass me. He could not believe it.

Best value for the money
By Tommy O. on 04/14/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As an intro I am a senior citizen (male) going thru my second late teen episode with sporty cars. The speed3 is without a doubt the best car I have ever driven or owned. It has incredible acceleration performance with concomitant handling/braking/steering. It is a very exhilarating experience to drive though it is easy to break most speed laws. It does NOT want to go slow. It is very comfortably solid cruising at very high speeds. Most passenger just smile with an occasional ooh or ahh as they get plastered to the seat back with the force of acceleration. I bought a Valentine radar/laser detector to help me not get caught when I occasionally have a lapse of attention to my actual speed.

Speed dreams
By svenspeed on 03/24/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my 07 mzda 3 5dr and am in heaven with the speed 3. I love the crisp feel and abundant power as it throws you back in the supportive seats. I was looking for a little more zoom zoom and found more than enough. The speed 3 is a confident little monster in subdued wrapping and has just enough visual touches to set it apart without shouting how special it is. Highway MPG is not bad, but around town you have to fight the urge to stick you foot in it, which costs at the pump. But, MPG is not why you buy this car, it's just a nice side benefit when it's good.

compact monster
By Zman on 03/22/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After mulling it over for about 2 months I took the plunge and traded my 2008 Mazda 3 5 door hatch for a 2009 Mazda speed 3. My only concern initially was the exhaust sound, but I like it now. I previously had a 318ti, 325i and a minicooper, so I am a tough sell for sporty car. I was blown away with the steering feel, brakes, suspension, and very linear power delivery. I was already used to and liked the Mazda 3, but the speed 3 just makes you want to step on it every chance you get. I think the 18 inch wheels are a bit overkill, especially when you consider the weight of them. I got this car for $20,000 after some serious haggling, what bang for the buck.

Best Car for Your Money
By Alex on 02/03/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I can't believe how much fun this car really is! it is one of the most fun car's I've ever driven. Definitely best car in its class hands down! It's got comfort, performance, handling, and its practical. You can haul and take four other people with you. This car is a beast! So I suggest going to your local Mazda dealer and driving one of these bad boys!

TOO MUCH FUN!!
By wrxforlunch on 11/10/08 01:30 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for a car that was built for the love of driving this little burner is the one for you!! It has it all - acceleration, top speed, handling, and braking!! And as added incentive, it's got all the room and usefulness inherent to hatchbacks (in case you have a family to haul at times)!! As an aside, I've gotten 26, 26, and 25 mpg on my first 3 fill-ups in mixed driving... can't beat that!!:-)

Love It
By djakimczuk on 10/20/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just recently picked up an 09 in pearl white. Love it, fit and finish and overall car is just great quality.. plenty of power to get me into trouble and will be a great DD and a good autox toy. The LSD in this car works great. and with the big brakes it makes it real easy to have the back end come around on hard corners. LOVE IT

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$138 per month*