Totally And Pleasantly Surprised
By putinbaytr3 on
2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I was initially skeptical concerning my wife's insistance on a Mazda3 to replace her aging and self destructing PT Cruiser. After some study and talking with a retired Ford engineer I went for it and upped the ante to the Mazdaspeed 3. I have never been so pleasantly surprised. After 61 years I have had a lot of high performance cars and the Mazdaspeed 3 gives us more performance and sheer fun for dollar spent than anything previous. I expected a much cheaper constructed and engineered vehicle. It is every bit the performance car it has been written up to be. If the top went down I would even perfer it over my Honda S2000. Torque steer is minimal and the power band is excellent.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, power for any driving occasion. The seating is excellent and the Bose stereo is better than expected.
Suggested Improvements
I think the shifter mechanism could use some improvement and I would offer a high performance all-season tire for northern climates. I had to search ebay for a set of oem wheels so I could have winter tires. I would like to see the sunroof as an option for non tracked cars.