2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Review: Definately Faster than my 350Z

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Definately Faster than my 350Z

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car used to replace my 2005 Nissan 350Z. I got it because I test drove one and people had recommended it. I enjoy tricking out cars and have added many upgrades to this vehicle. It responds very well to mods and it ridiculously fast. People will talk trash and compare speed to a 350Z. Having had modded versions of this car and modded 350Z this car is definitely faster, the turbo is what seals the deal and sounds great when you open it up and mod it with a louder intake system and bypass valve. The 350Z is of course more sporty looking and RWD and a coupe, but having upgraded to this being my first 4-door car, I was pleasantly happy with my purchase.

The turbo sounds great when you add a few mods to the motor. It is very responsive to mods. It is very fast and can hang with the best of them. The interior and build quality is top notch and does not appear to be cheap in any way. This car is a great deal for the price it costs to buy one.

I would love to have seen a 2-door coupe option. Also a stock front-mount intercooler would have been aesthetically pleasing compared to the hidden top mounted one. Also a hood scoup would have been better for added looks if they were to keep the top mount intercooler, which they added in 2010.