2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Review: Nothing but FUN

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Nothing but FUN
By Derrick on

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Speed3 is nothing short of amazing! I have had it for over a year, and I still look for reasons to go for a drive. There is so many good things to say about this little ROCKET, and so few negative. The take off in this thing is amazing. If you need to get out in traffic, it's not a problem whatsoever. As far as gas mileage is concerned, I am getting 24.1 in town, and that's jumping out at every red light. I drive within the speed limits, but it's fun to rocket yourself as quick as possible to that speed limit. The last car I owned was a Pontiac Grand Prix GT. That car I thought was pretty quick, at about 200 Horse power. When I saw that the Speed3 had 263 stock, I was floored! What a RUSH

How it forces you back into the seat when you punch it! The dash lights, the head lights, automatic wipers are cool. The 6 speed. The 18 inch rims. The media input for my Zune to play through the speakers, that's cool. Controls on the steering wheel. I can go on and on, but there is not enough room.

Although I have the Bose system in this car, it doesn't sound as good as it did in my Pontiac. Sound system needs improvement. Blue tooth would have been nice, now they have it in 09. Thats about it for improvements for me.