Mazda Speed 3 A hot Hatch
By E. on
2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought this 2008 speed 3 new but in January 09. I got a great price as the vehicle was discounted greatly to move it. It's definitely the great value that everyone has said it is and yet lately I have found myself at dealerships in search of a step up. The car is fast but the ride and handling don't reach my previous VR6 Jetta, driving experience despite more speed and power. The torque steer is enormous comparatively and the ride and handling are not up to par. I also happen to be an audio nut and the Bose sound system is quite awful. The speakers sounded crappy, the bass bloated and the system has a noise circuit that makes the volume fluctuate uncontrollably. It has been replaced.
Favorite Features
Cool exterior styling, cool interior styling, engine prowess which is pure speed.
Suggested Improvements
It is insanely ridiculous to not offer a sunroof for open air driving on nice sunny days. Up grade the suspension and please drop the Bose system and install something that sounds good.