Loving My MazdaSpeed 3
By hothouse_57 on
2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I have over 1000 miles on it and I purchased this baby on 8.7.07 and it is 8.13.07. This is so much fun to drive. I am in the Salt Lake Valley. I have taken it around I15 up to Heber City and down through Provo Canyon. This car can run at any gear as long as you have it in the correct rpms (3000-5500); short band width but she is a beast in that range. Be careful I have also received my first ticket; I wasn't even driving hard, I was talking on my phone and before I knew it I was going 20 over. I am 21 and can't say there is a better car, the closest would be the Subaru WRX, but also 2k more and everyone and their mom has one.
Favorite Features
All the power, yeah baby!! The interior is nice, stereo is good enough for me, I'm sure the GT with the Bose is way better, but for the price my sport will have to do. Mazda seems to be a pretty reliable brand and no aftermarket parts needed to make this car a real fast baby.
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't have minded a stiffer suspension, I'm coming from a Civic Si 03. I could have taken corners in my Civic at 15-20 mph faster but didn't have the power. Insurance will likely double over my previous Civic. Oh well not really something Mazda can do, but good to know.