2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Consumer Review: Long term review

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Long term review
By Will Hussein Rockwel on

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for 5 months now, so we'll call this a long term road test. The Mazdaspeed has baggage room and comfort to keep the wife and kids happy, and performance to satisfy the Wild Child inside of me that just won't grow up. I owned a 5.0 Mustang and missed its raw power when I bought an Eclipse GT. Now the Eclipse is gone and the power is back, in spades. The Mustang didn't handle curves well, the Speed will go as hard as I dare, I've never come close to finding its limit on a curvy road. If you look up "bang for the buck" on Wikipedia, there should be a picture of this car next to it.

Favorite Features

Warning light that tells me when tire pressure is low, big button that manages climate control based on temperature you set, MP3 input so you can plug your iPod or phone into the car stereo, BIG glove box that holds a lot

Suggested Improvements

Somehow I miss third gear a lot when driving aggressively. I wish the headlights turned off automatically. I wish the door locks would disengage when you are stopped and try to open the door. I wish the turbo didn't use gasoline.