Fastest Car For The Buck: 08 MazdaSpeed3
By Dave on
2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
It doesn't get any better than this. A sleek hatchback design, 18" alloy wheels, humming sport-exhaust, all wrapped around a intercooled, 4 cyl turbo cranking out 263hp, doing 5.45 sec from 0-60 mph. The ride is the most responsive handling experience I have ever incurred. I sell cars, and drive BMWs, VWs, Mercedes, etc., day in and day out. Only the high end Lexus GS, and C350 AMG move like this car (however not nearly as agile) Buy this car if you like sportscars with room for 4 (comfortably), a tape-measure turning radius, and getting sucked back into your seat going from 80-110 mph. Bottom line: the MS3 has the best horsepower:cost ratio (faster than the R32, GTI, Si,& Caliber SRT-4).
Favorite Features
Favorite features on my new MS3 include: 18" alloy wheels, scooped hood design, Xenon High Intensity Discharge headlights (Auto-Off), and modified rear spoiler. My favorite things include the soothing hum of the exhaust, uber-responsive steering/handling, and the endless amounts of acceleration!!
Suggested Improvements
My improvements would include upping the power/capability of the Bose stereo (only 212 watts), making a sun/moonroof available, 100% leather interior w/heated seats available, and a thicker tire, smaller (i.e. 17") wheel to ease the bumpiness (or loosen the suspension a smidgen). I love this car!!