2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Consumer Review: A nice value

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Review

A nice value
By santiagofdz on

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a year of ownership, this car has exceeded all of my expectations. It is VERY quick and the rush you feel when the turbo kicks in doesn't grow old, and neither when it corners or brakes; this is a very competent car and it's nice they can sell it this cheap. But when you don't want to dance, it will take you home without fuss; The vast amount of torque lets you be lazy and it feels no different than it's non speed brother. I've had no mechanical issues, and love the Alcantara/leather seats, and also it's cargo capacity (40 inch flat screen tv in its box?? no problem). After an unreliable and slow car, this car is what I dreamed it would be.

Favorite Features

Power, braking and handling. Practicality, reliability and understated good looks.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is a bit thirstier than I expected for 100% city driving, but that's about it. If you intend on tracking the car, you'll probably need to get stiffer motormounts and possibly tweak the shifter a bit, but that's just for track duty; I have no issues with either component.