2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
Killer!
By Jason on 09/08/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ive loved my Speed! Super fun car to drive. Handles incredibly well even under high speeds. Great driveability in the city. I have no complaints thus far and have now owned mine for about 4-5 months. Im actually getting an average of 27 mpg even though the combined av. should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 mpg. This car is fast, fun, easy to drive. The clutch took a couple weeks to get used to as it is a bit more touchy than the conventional version, but now I cant drive without it!

Perfect Daily Driver For Me
By ZZ on 09/07/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

Like every other reviewer here, I think this car is great. It just seems like you get more for your money here than in most cars. The power and handling are suburb, the interior is brilliantly designed (love that HUGE glove box!) and seems to be of higher quality than most sub 35k cars I've seen. The car is just all around fun to drive, and with the hatch and the fact that it makes its power from the turbo charger, it's practical too! My only real complaint is the transmission. The clutch is just a touch to delicate and takes some getting used to. 1st gear is only useful for getting the car moving and the shifting is "notchy". I've missed gears.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
By Al on 08/13/08 05:56 AM (PDT)

Vehicle only three months old but have found 0 build problems. I am 62 years old, so probably don't fit the 'normal' buying profile. I don't care! This car is a true hoot to drive. Goes like a bat and at this price point, it's a steal. Very decent ride and the performance tires REALLY grip the road in fast turns. No matter they will probably only last 15,000 miles.

The best commuter
By briannutter on 07/31/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We looked at a replacement for our '03 wrx wagon. List of must haves: boosted 4, room for the dog, sporty handling, good reliability, and not much over $20k. After a lot of research, it was the best decision even if we're not "in love". The '09 model WRX-GT isn't available yet and the present is a boring compared to our old one. The HHR SS was a player, but not as available on the lots and prices are higher because of it. Mini Cooper S looks dated and could be only worse in 5 years. The is the one left standing. See my likes and dislikes below, but it's a real shame that more manufacturers don't "get it" when it comes to fast efficient commuters. Upscale doesn't need to mean BIG.

1900 miles down and loving it.
By J San Francisco on 07/20/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

I did a ton of research and found a deal I could not pass up. The power for the money is amazing plus the convenience of 4 door with room it was hard to not to buy one. If you've read ALL of the reviews and research of this vehicle, you have heard it's a blast to drive. And it is. The suspension will greatly exaggerate any small pothole or bump. Especially at high speeds. I do love the power and getting it out on the freeway. In 3rd it really lets loose with the turbo and before you know your doing 90mph in 5th! One complaint - I have noticed a few rattles near the windshield area. Power, convenience of 4 doors and decent mpg was everything I was looking for.

Buy One!
By Eric on 07/16/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the speed3 for five months now and just love the car. For the money you are not going to find a better performance bargain. And whats best about it is its a Japanese car made in Japan which is a rare find today.

One fast Pocket Rocket!
By Cando on 07/07/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

I just bought this car in may of this year. I had the Mazda 3 GT before this one but wanted to get the Turbo version. This car is very fast, and you have to get used to the torque steer when you are shifting. For some reason it always pulls me to the left. Again the car is great, you got your 4 doors with a hatch and seats that fold down. I had a problem with the stereo (volume) had to take it back to get it changed for a new one.

Great Toy!
By Mike on 07/04/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

Wanted one since they came out. Was going to wait 'til spring '09, but this is the last year, so I jumped early. This car is phenomenal! Great power and handling. Not sorry I bought it. Acceptable mileage (it's not a sipper, but it does very well if driven gently). Very comfortable on a recent weekend trip, and the throttle response is amazing!

Great Toy!
By Mike on 07/04/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

I've wanted one of these since they came out. Was going to wait 'til spring '09, but this is apparently the last year, so I jumped early. Not sorry I bought it. Absolute blast to drive, stupendous acceleration and corners on rails. Acceptable ride for what it is (my Ram and 300C ride better -- so what?). Acceptable mileage as well.

Long term review
By Will Hussein Rockwel on 06/30/08 05:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 New Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for 5 months now, so we'll call this a long term road test. The Mazdaspeed has baggage room and comfort to keep the wife and kids happy, and performance to satisfy the Wild Child inside of me that just won't grow up. I owned a 5.0 Mustang and missed its raw power when I bought an Eclipse GT. Now the Eclipse is gone and the power is back, in spades. The Mustang didn't handle curves well, the Speed will go as hard as I dare, I've never come close to finding its limit on a curvy road. If you look up "bang for the buck" on Wikipedia, there should be a picture of this car next to it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.