2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Review: 2008 MasdaSpeed 3 GT - So Far

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

2008 MasdaSpeed 3 GT - So Far So Sweet
By kraker on

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 New Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a day of finding my way around the car, I feel as though I have literally "melted" into my new MazdaSpeed 3 GT. I've never had a car before that seems to fit the driver like a glove. This one does. As for performance, I'm extremely impressed. I've had a Mazda MX-6 GT and a Volvo S70 T5 with turbos before, but neither of them could touch the MazdaSpeed 3. This car seems to know what you're thinking at any given time and just does it almost instantly. Truthfully, this car is just a bit smaller than I'd like, and I actually prefer the overall styling of the Mazda 6. But sadly, there's no MazdaSpeed 6 anymore, so this was my next choice. And I'm very happy with it overall.

Favorite Features

Engine/performance. 6-speed manual transmission. Handling - extremely tight/responsive. Sporty styling. Still somewhat practical.

Suggested Improvements

Interior clock extremely slow -- shows about 1 minute behind every day after reset (friend with Mazda 3 has same problem). Ride, gas mileage, and interior noise follow performance (but worth the trade-off).