Used 2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 3 model:

All you need in a performance inspired car, and more
By boostaholic1

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping for a new one back in 2008. I've had it now for 5 years and not a single problem. Very fun and exciting to drive. More than enough power for a 2.3L 4 cyl, and plenty of space inside as well for passengers and cargo. I get compliments everywhere I go from friends to strangers, men and women.

Turbo!! 263hp!! The way it sounds, even with stock exhaust!!

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Reliability and Performance
By Grogers

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Best driving front wheel drive auto period. Great handling, performance and braking. Two years without the first problem. Have comfortably driven 600 mile days and mileage has ranged between 18mpg city and 31 highway. Ride is firm but not uncomfortable for this 70 plus senior. Traded the car in Feb10 due to lack of luggage space for 3 or more.

Performance, styling, 6 speed transmission and reliability.

Adjustable headlights (as on 2010 Mazda5). Different OEM tires. Didn"t like the Bridgstones due to noise and rapid wear. Car is great for two but lacks luggage space for 3 or 4.

Definately Faster than my 350Z
By UHATEIT

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car used to replace my 2005 Nissan 350Z. I got it because I test drove one and people had recommended it. I enjoy tricking out cars and have added many upgrades to this vehicle. It responds very well to mods and it ridiculously fast. People will talk trash and compare speed to a 350Z. Having had modded versions of this car and modded 350Z this car is definitely faster, the turbo is what seals the deal and sounds great when you open it up and mod it with a louder intake system and bypass valve. The 350Z is of course more sporty looking and RWD and a coupe, but having upgraded to this being my first 4-door car, I was pleasantly happy with my purchase.

The turbo sounds great when you add a few mods to the motor. It is very responsive to mods. It is very fast and can hang with the best of them. The interior and build quality is top notch and does not appear to be cheap in any way. This car is a great deal for the price it costs to buy one.

I would love to have seen a 2-door coupe option. Also a stock front-mount intercooler would have been aesthetically pleasing compared to the hidden top mounted one. Also a hood scoup would have been better for added looks if they were to keep the top mount intercooler, which they added in 2010.

seats are too stiff
By amyjamy

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My husband bought it for me, I'd not driven one, ever. Love the concept: small 4 door hatch, manual, fast, etc, BUT can't drive it very long cause the seats are painfully stiff. Only had it a day, but probably will sell soon. My butt and hips are literally numb on the sides from the awful seats.

nimble; very responsive, in every way. All you have to do is THINK about where you want to go, and it happens, effortlessly.

seats are very uncomfortable for me. I am 55, female, normal weight, but these seats are a nightmare.

Finally found my dream car
By T Bagger

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing! Couldn't be happier. The power this thing puts out is unbelievable. The only bad thing about this car is the gas mileage. But I guess thats just a minor downside to any car with this much power. Definitely worth it though. The 6th gear helps a lot with highway driving. This car can run circles around an Rx8. Any Mazda person can tell you that.

The exhaust! Sounds amazing! had a couple people ask me if it has an after market exhaust because it sounds so good.

The only thing this car needs is a front mount intercooler, mainly for looks. I can always make that modification for a couple 100 bucks.