Life is too short NOT to own this car!
By Tim McNicoll on
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I won't repeat all the accolades from the earlier reviews. Trust me, it's all true. This is a car that you make up excuses to drive. The drive becomes the only thing that matters - the destination is irrelevant. I'm in my early 50's and haven't had this much fun with a vehicle since my Kawasaki 900 from many years back. That said, two things I'd like to point out. First, if you buy this car (and you should), get the windows tinted. It's the perfect finishing touch to the stealth look. Second, the Bose system is great but you'll have to be content with sound that comes "at you" rather than "surrounds" you. That's in part because they can't put the sub woofer in the back. Pity.
Favorite Features
Absolutely everything, from the color (True Red) to the wheels to the seats to the fact that it's not shaped like a "wedge" (like everything else seems to be these days). This is the closest thing you'll find to automotive perfection under $50,000.
Suggested Improvements
The ONLY thing I can possibly think of is to perhaps tone down the exhaust just a teensy-weensy fraction. Oh... and perhaps offer it in more than one color (red) in Canada (although I would have chosen True Red anyways).