2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Review: For those not yet resigned to

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - Consumer Review

For those not yet resigned to middle age
By MIDIWerks on

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm in my mid 40's. This is the most fun I've ever had on four wheels. I've owned American muscle and Japanese sport, but the Mazdaspeed 3 give me the best of both worlds. It delivers killer torque much like my previous 8 cylinder but handles like the much smaller performance machine it is. It also has tons of usable interior room. This is important to me because I run a small business and need to haul computer gear from time to time. It also accommodates my wife and kids in comfort. Build quality is impressive. The driving dynamic much closer to a European sport sedan than any other Japanese car I've ever been in. Nicest car I've ever owned for the money.

Very fast, yet easy to deal with as a daily driver. Very tight car, excellent build quality. Engine torque and acceleration. Stellar handling. Dispatches transitions precisely and quickly with almost no body lean. Great ergonomics. Good seats. Very good sound system. Xenon headlights. Styling.

Slightly vague shifter, gets better as you acclimate. No sunroof option. Power shuts off immediately when you turn off ignition, no delay to close windows, park wiper etc. Three knob sound system interface is a bit confusing.