2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
One bad hombre!
By Bearsk8r on 12/14/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Mazda really did their homework on this one. The fit and finish is excellent. I purchased the upscale model and am quite enamored with the bells and whistles (automatic climate control, headlights & windshield wipers, MP3 connection, etc.). The seats are very comfortable and adjustable. Love the BOSE system! Even my wife likes the comfort of the car. When the turbo kicks in, it reminds me of my Ducati with the throttle wide open. Six speed is nice, although regular 3's 5-speed shifts smoother. Clutch engages/disengages a little quick, but that makes for good power shifts. Cornering is quick and smooth. Ride doesn't wear you out. For the price, I don't think I could have done better!

Great Vehicle
By Eric on 12/01/06 16:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is by far the best vehicle out there right now. Civic SI and VW GTI really have nothing on this car. Handling is unbelievable, when I get out of the car I'm all tensed up from the drive. Wonderful car for those that want performance and practicality. I bought black even though its difficult to take care of its by far the best available. I couldn't be more happy with the MS3 Can't wait for accessories. This really is the poor man's BMW.

Life is too short NOT to own this car!
By Tim McNicoll on 11/25/06 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I won't repeat all the accolades from the earlier reviews. Trust me, it's all true. This is a car that you make up excuses to drive. The drive becomes the only thing that matters - the destination is irrelevant. I'm in my early 50's and haven't had this much fun with a vehicle since my Kawasaki 900 from many years back. That said, two things I'd like to point out. First, if you buy this car (and you should), get the windows tinted. It's the perfect finishing touch to the stealth look. Second, the Bose system is great but you'll have to be content with sound that comes "at you" rather than "surrounds" you. That's in part because they can't put the sub woofer in the back. Pity.

Greatest Fun for the Money
By JC in VT on 11/09/06 05:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of expensive repairs on Audi's and BMW's I went Japanese, with no regrets. The build quality and materials are almost equal and the price is considerably less. I expect maintenance and repairs to be much less. This car is the perfect balance between economy and performance. I almost bought the base model, but for a little extra you double the performance (literally). I'm not a racer, but it's nice to know your car will stop quicker than almost anything out there (larger brakes), handles wonderfully for accident avoidance or fun (tighter suspension, extra supports), and when you need to pass on the highway is faster than a Porsche (or anything under $75k).

True Red Experience
By Rich S on 11/07/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had the car for about two weeks and have driven it 800 super fun miles. It is a true pocket rocket in all sense of the word, yet it has four doors, large luggage capacity, super tight suspension, a turbo that is willing to please and best of all it is affordable. This car truly is fun to drive especially in windy roads. The car handles almost as good as my mid-engine MR2. The oversteer is present as I expected with the 263 hp front wheel, but it is manageable. The shifting gets some getting used to, truly awkward, but you tend to forget about it when the turbo kicks in. This car also feels at home in city driving as it is very nimble and responsive and fairly easy to drive.

So much to value - Great Car
By DaveMS307 on 11/04/06 17:33 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is wonderful. Practical, decent mileage (getting 30mpg highway). I put over 1,000 miles on with a smile. It goes like stink, great handling, very comfortable, great stereo Bose, Recaro like seats, nice fit and finish, flies below the radar - great stealth. The faster it goes the faster it goes. This car is more of a competitor to cars that cost $10G more - seriously think bargain A3 with S package. Can't wait to get it out to a road course. This car does more things well than anything else I've ever driven. I can have a family car, sports car, haul stuff home from Lowes and afford the gas to get to work every day (60+ miles daily). And, I know I will enjoy HPDE, Track days!

Hot Hatch
By SilverZoom on 10/29/06 23:38 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Given that I'm still within the break-in period (600 miles per Mazda), it's easy to feel the cars power at low rpms. My silver MS3 looks better in person than what I could imagine from the photos. The sport seat height and lumbar adjustments, along with the telescoping / tilt steering wheel provide a perfect driving position. Visibility is very good. The exhaust is louder than I expected, but it fits this sports car. If you're into bargain priced speed, 4 doors, practicality and quality, this is it. Competitors? WRX- ugly & fewer features. GTI- poor quality. Civic Si- poor torque & needs high rpms. Accord 6 speed- wait a year for the re-design, but it costs more. Lexus 250- $$ and too slow.

Only had it a few days but WOW.
By Markus on 10/23/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Previous to owning this I had a '06 Mazda 3s 5-door that I picked up in August of '05. I loved that car; the handling was great, acceleration was more than adequate, styling, IMHO, far and away the best in its class. But when the opportunity presented itself to get a Speed3, I jumped at it. This is a ridiculously well-engineered car for the money. I ended up with a Cosmic Blue GT (6-disc changer, Xenon, Bose System, etc.). The turbo kicks in around around 3K RPM and just hang on when it does. What really impresses me about this car is how docile it is around town. Easy to drive and very relaxed until you drop your right foot. Then it's on. Very happy with this one...it's a keeper.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Bill on 10/21/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just picked my Speed3 up this morning. Having windows tinted now and can't wait to get back in. Read all the hype and was skeptical. Well, after jumping through some hoops to get the dealership let me drive it, it's a amazing little car. Torque and understeer are present, but nowhere near unacceptable levels. Goes in turns hard and holds line very well. Heard some knocks on the transmission, but I think it's smooth and responsive. Now we'll just have to see what the gas mileage is like because it's going to be hard to hold off the throttle in this rocket. Heard MazdaSpeed is coming out with a tuner kit that will add about 35 horse...wow!

Superb!
By JimmyZoom on 10/18/06 23:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We drove our Mazdaspeed3 over 280 glorious miles of smiles home from the dealer, and loved every minute in our sweet, hot hatch! With the smooth powerful acceleration, superb handling, and surprisingly pleasant & quiet ride we ran out of highway long before we wanted too. Varying speed / RPM's all the way, we still got 25.52 MPG on the first tank of gas. Everyt ime I think about this car, (often, I confess), I just want to get the keys and "Zoom Zoom"!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.