2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
For Die Hard Mazda Fans
By ISELLEM on 03/29/07 00:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Probably the best vehicle I've ever owned. Performance is that of a high priced exotic vehicle and the car only retails for around $25,000. But it's not for everyone. Only die hard performance enthusiasts should buy this car.

Heading in the right direction.
By G on 03/28/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Looks good, drives nicely, ample interior room, functional, and turbo makes you smile. But I have to say this car has too much torque and power and as a result you have a lot of torque steer and way too much understeer. Now 90% of people who drives this car will not be able to utilize the full 260bhp unless you are going in a straight line. Me... I prefer the curvy roads. The suspension is fairy stiff but when driving hard, not stiff enough. But when you're driving normally, it feels too stiff. All in all, great car but they didn't focus too much on handling because they focused too much on power only.

New Speed 3
By Pcalvin76 on 03/27/07 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow...what a rush. That about sums it up. Great road feel--not too harsh of a ride (compared to other "sport-y" cars this fast) and quiet for this car segment--much quieter than my '01 Protégé. Interior features are very well thought out. I have the Touring, so the extra features like auto wipers and lights are wonderful--and make me almost think I'm in a more expensive car. The red stitching has been approved by everyone from 60 years old down to 10--good going Mazda on that feature. Torque steer is only noticeable when turning sharply in 1st and 2nd gear, after that it’s only a slight nudge that simply gives you a smile as you remember how much fun it is to lay on the lead foot.

Speed3 times is a charm
By Adam on 03/10/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

What can I say that has not already been said. The bottom line, it's great. For years I have owned GM muscle in LS1 powered Camaros. I guess I was naive to accept a turbo 4. Not that I don't like the LS1, but I feel like I have one again, just way more refined. The suspension is great, the clutch and shift pattern are very smooth and the torque curve is great for my wife to pull out in traffic. I am a born again Speed3 fan, it's great to go to the store and actually have a place to put food, and even luggage on vacations. And the best part, well I am still waiting to pull up beside a Mustang GT and have a little fun.

Best Bang for buck for its class
By Benny Blanco on 02/09/07 23:18 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It took me 3 weeks to locate a black GT. It was definitely worth the wait. This car is the most versatile car out there. Below 3000rpm it is about equal to a Mazda 3. Then the turbo kicks in. It is a rocket sled. The WRX is more expensive with less power. The cobalt is cheaper and looks and handles cheaper. The G35 is nice but too pricey. To put this much power into a front wheel drive and make it work is an engineering marvel. The interior design is slick as well, the suspension is tight, and I love the headlight beam adjustment control option. The Bose system is very nice, and there is the midi port for mp3 players as well. The hatchback feature also gives it a lot of cargo room

mazda-rific
By Rob on Long Island on 01/21/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving my MS3 GT for 1000 fun miles.The car is remarkable, great pickup, sporty looking without being too young. Came with all the bells and whistles auto climate, lights,and wipers.I have never owned a car this much fun in my life. Reasonably priced, great performance, great style for a 5-door.The best car under $50k.

For those not yet resigned to middle age
By MIDIWerks on 01/20/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm in my mid 40's. This is the most fun I've ever had on four wheels. I've owned American muscle and Japanese sport, but the Mazdaspeed 3 give me the best of both worlds. It delivers killer torque much like my previous 8 cylinder but handles like the much smaller performance machine it is. It also has tons of usable interior room. This is important to me because I run a small business and need to haul computer gear from time to time. It also accommodates my wife and kids in comfort. Build quality is impressive. The driving dynamic much closer to a European sport sedan than any other Japanese car I've ever been in. Nicest car I've ever owned for the money.

INCREDIBLE LITTLE CAR
By MIKE on 01/19/07 09:11 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Being very religious to the Honda and Toyota name I was very VERY skeptical about buying something whose parent company is Ford. After reading review after review of Mazdas in general getting raving reviews (especially the 3 never even having a recall!), I bit the bullet and purchased. The days are now long gone that I think only Honda and Toyota are the only makers that make a wonderful car...and I am not limited to very timid designing, looks, and performance! Love the car would recommend to anyone.

Best you can get under $25k
By mattleegee on 01/14/07 12:28 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had this car for a couple months now, and followed it for about 6 months before release. I had a 2004 Mazda3 fully loaded for 3 years before i traded it in for the Mazdaspeed3. Creature comforts + Performance + Style= Way more than $25k Great car for money.

So far, so GREAT!
By stinster on 12/28/06 21:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is primarily my wife's car and was purchased for its 5-door functionality and fun to drive quotient. In our fledgling 2 days with the car we are most impressed! The fit and finish is far beyond what we expected from a 25K wagonette. The handling and acceleration are, as expected, fantastic. The thing that really surprised me was how "tight" and quiet the car is. I expected a more uncompromising driving experience, but have thus far been rewarded with both performance and refinement. Bravo Mazda, well done!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.