2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
Wow, better than expected
By MJFMS3 on 06/01/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Was looking for something with a bit of snap. Drove the RX8/MS6 before getting into this car the torque and power. Have taken it to a track day and the stealth factor is awesome. No one knew what the car was. Taking off the MS3 badge afer this :). Highly recommended. Best car for the money.

Real Owner
By klepto on 06/01/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

This thing is a blast to drive! The surge in power is incredible, and turbo power is progressive like a locomotive. It has tenacious grip, and the torque steer is under control. It corners great and safe considering it's a front wheel drive car with lots of power. Brakes are incredible! Just be prepared to fill up often, because you can't help but drive it fast and furious. Intoxicating!

Worth tracking down
By ElTexano on 05/17/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've only had mine for two weeks, not even getting past the "break-in" 600 miles yet, but I've pushed it a few times, and WOW. This car can barely be contained. It urges you forward and practically demands to be let loose. Got mine in black with tinted windows and it's a beast. It took me weeks to track down the one I wanted, but it was worth it.

ZOOM-ZOOM
By Dowler on 05/13/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

I like the fact that I'm in full control of the car. This is the fastest four banger I have ever driven. Its fun and very spacious, the sound system is perfect and the sound of the car is perfect. The car has that perfect engine sound, not too deep but not too high pitched.

Fast Tough Cheap
By NHRide on 05/13/07 14:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Vehicle has been great - no unscheduled maintenance required, beats the pants off a WRX. A lot of fun, and you won't get it into any trouble that it can't easily get you out of.

Speed 3
By tvissues on 05/09/07 01:11 AM (PDT)

I have put many happy miles on my still young speed 3. The car performs exceptionally well for the price. Interior surpases all in its class. Gas mileage is great for a turbocharged car if you can keep from using the Zoom pedal to the right. The shift feel was a problem but is easily fixed. The rumored tranny issues have since been quietly fixed. For ~25k + a few modifications for power = an excellent car that will send stock STI/Evo's in the dust and leave some BMW owners confused! The cable style shifter it is easily fixed with 20 bucks that will get you some shifter bushings (5 mins to install), synthetic tranny fluid, and an absolute must is a rear engine mount that is easy to switch out. The rear engine mount allows for less engine movement, better shifting and traction.

Screaming kid carrier, backroads and fwy
By mortgagemal on 05/04/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

What a car! I have Jag XJR, Porsche 928, Minicooper 03, 1968 442 Olds... this kiddy carrier is a wild mix of all of them! Amazing performance sleeper of an economy/muscle/sports car. Not too visible to cops if you're not in red. I've seen a video of the car doing 167. 30-50, 40-60 etc. performance is on par with Carreras and supercars. I've only gone 138!

Zoom Zoom
By dug74 on 04/21/07 23:07 PM (PDT)

Well after having the MSP3 for 3 months now, all can I can say is Zoom Zoom. The car never ceases to amaze me and others who I drive past. Only problem I have heard is the engine/gearbox mount could break, so everyone get it checked. The extra accessories make a huge difference, gotta love Xenons and Bose. Will continue to drive and love this car as its the best hot hatch on the market for the price. Well done Mazda.

Great Fun
By Got the Silver GT on 04/04/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

I wasn't expecting this much fun from a hatch. I owned a 2001 Civic EX and I was looking for something a little more fun to drive. After reading so many rave reviews on the MS3, I decided to test drive one. To cut the story short I picked mine up a week later. I opted for the GT over the sport because of the extra features. Overall, very pleased with the purchase.

It's a Rocketship
By J Barr on 03/29/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

This is an "Oh my gosh" car when you drive it. It's hard to believe that a front wheel drive car could be so fast. And it handles like a sports car. This car put a smile on my face that hasn't left in the 4 weeks I've owned it. The Speed 3 is just a lot of fun to drive. The car feels solid and very well built. The Grand Touring model has many amenities including rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights with height adjustment, great traction control, plenty of storage, and very nice styling lines. It is a bargain compared with it's competition and ranks higher in most comparison tests. 0 to 60 in 5.8 seconds and 155 mph top speed is accurate and among the best in class. Zoom zoom.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.