2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
MS3 GT saved my life
By shoemanfoo on 10/07/07 15:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I owned my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT for a total of 45 minutes before I was in a head on collision by a RAV-4 going eastbound on a westbound lane on a major highway. We were both going approximately 65 MPH in opposite directions before we collided. I cannot comment on the long term reliability of the vehicle or the MPG but I am alive today due to the solid construction and safety features of this vehicle. Unfortunately the person driving the RAV-4 that hit me was not as lucky. My hat is off to Mazda for building such a fantastic and secure vehicle.

Nice but not nice enough.
By Nemo on 09/27/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

After 3000 miles, the biggest complaint is the interior rattles from everywhere. You get used to the power and begin to wish for things like a quieter ride, even more torque at the very low end, lighter steering, a smoother clutch uptake and shifter (or a cooler DSG like the VW). Gosh sounds like I should have gotten the GTI 4door except for the fear of the VW lemon.

2007 MazdaSpeed3
By Dan Stockton on 09/26/07 15:29 PM (PDT)

From day one when I got this car my, I was amazed. I am a big fan of VWs, I have had the privileges of owning two GTIs and still have one of them (95 GTI VR6 with 180kmi). Was in the market for a new GTI but after reading the reviews of MS3 I had to test drive one, and I was hooked. The car is everything you read about, quick acceleration, handles great, HID headlights, navigation, rain sensing wipers, the list goes on. You get everything you pay for and then some. Other vehicles will easily have you closer to $30k for the same amenities and you still will not get 263 hp out of a 4cyl or some 6s.

Too Much Fun
By Brent Solman on 09/21/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

I had a Mazda3 which was fun to drive but when the Speed3 came out I traded my 3 in. The MazdaSpeed3 is outstanding, a sleeper car that no ones realizes the performance. I added a Fujita Cold Air Intake and now my car pulls 297 horses! Love the leather interior too and the nav system which is easy to use and comes in very handy.

Sure to Please
By Alex on 08/20/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

This is the first Mazda I have ever purchased. This car has so much value, from the off-the-charts performance at this price point, to the interior styling, that I've become a hard core Mazda fan. I am an avid cyclist and golfer so the roominess of the hatchback was the initial attraction. I can safely highly recommend this vehicle to any consumer who needs the room for outdoor gear and family (or friends) but who also is a driving enthusiast. The only downside, some passengers might not be too keen on the sports suspension. The easy remedy is to allow them to drive, just once, and they'll be convinced itÂ’s all worth it.

Better than the WRX
By Josh on 08/11/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive. I like this car so much more than the WRX. It doesn't have AWD but it has a lot more power and features than the WRX and is a lot cheaper. The baseline model is fully loaded with a nice sound system, airbags, nice brakes, and a nice muffler.

MazdaSpeed3 VS. WRX
By Jason Crandall on 07/25/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Mostly used for commuting. The car is fun to drive and has a lot of go to it. It is a lot different than the WRX I used to own. Sometimes I miss the AWD but many times I notice myself smiling at how fun the Mazda is to drive and corner with. It feels small when you are driving, which is good, but when you turn your head and look at it you realize it is quite roomy with lots of cargo space. I love the hatchback look and the exterior styling. The braking is fantastic and the interior is much nicer than that of the WRX. In the end it is a hard comparison to make- each car has its pluses and its minuses. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the speed is free from defects.

This Thing Rocks!!
By Webby33 on 07/03/07 08:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded in my 2005 Mazda3S HB and got the Speed3 three days ago and this thing is unbelievable. It's totally a different animal than the regular 3. The turbo adds so much and the suspension is awesome. It corners like you're on rails and the stock Bridgestone Potenzas are way better than the stock Goodyears on the 3. The exhaust is much better too, it sounds mean. This car just begs to be driven fast and I got the red one so it's a cop magnet, but oh well. I think it's the only color to have with this car, it makes the black accents really pop big time. The MPG is about the same as the 3 too, which is awesome. If you are looking for a car in this class, go get an MS3!!

Best deal for your dollar
By tho on 06/29/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

For the price, the car is amazing. Fun to drive, looks great and decent economy for the power it puts out. Shifter needs to guided through the gears (i.e., vague). I have driven many worse manual transmission cars. Don't let this aspect be a deterrent. Power comes on quickly around the 3K RPM mark. It's a rush when you nail the pedal, hang on to the wheel. Although the gearing is "close ratio", you can be comfortable leaving it in gear around town and not shifting much. The car has plenty of power to get moving even in low RPM ranges.

This is a great little car!
By JD on 06/07/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

I went in to drive a Mazda3 wagon, but fell in love with this beautiful little car! It is a blast to drive, handles well, screams off the line, and doesn't drain the bank account too much. There are quite a few upgrades and mods available (since the MZR 2.3 is shared with a couple of different models), so go wild, if that is your thing! Please drive one before you make up your mind! You might be surprised. I was. Performance wise, the car goes. It is a front wheel drive car, so you will have some torque steer, but it is very minimal compared to other FWD with high horsepower and torque. The car sports great low-end torque for a turbo 4 cyl. All this under 25K!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.