2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed Mazda3 model:
Bring on the ZOOM ZOOM!
By Jiggins7919 on 06/28/10 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well, being a car guy I knew exactly what I was looking for when I began my car search. Manual transmission, plenty of power, but also utility for my new family. Test drove several cars that were almost good enough, but fell in love with this quirky turbo immediately. Mine is SUPER red with Mazda RX-8 wheels and looks very sharp. I have the Grand Touring package that comes with a super radio and other fun options. The price was right on, and the gas mileage can be as good as you want it to be, or as bad as your right foot tells it to be! Simply put, a spectacular vehicle that does so many things well. I can't wait to get off from work and drive it home!

Fantastic Drive and Quality for $$$
By james5648 on 03/31/10 22:54 PM (PDT)

As a former owner of a Subaru WRX, there is much more car here for the money than with my beloved WRX at around the same cost. No turbo lag here. Very responsive to the pedal and the steering. This thing is fun to drive! Sleek interior design. From the console hosting auto temp regulators, auto wipers, down to the stitching on the seats, shifter, and wheel. Attention to detail. The computer will also tracks mpg, miles to empty and instantaneous mi/gal Not sure how useful instant mi/gal actually is but it's there if you like too much information. Adjustable headlights are standard. Again probably overkill but there if you are on dark roads and don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

I deeply regret purchasing my MS3
By vmax186 on 11/23/09 18:17 PM (PST)

Why I won't buy another Mazda: Blown LF strut at 25,000 miles. Smoking turbo at 26,000 miles. The turbo was replaced, but now Mazda claims that the smoking is actually caused by an inadequate PCV system. Five months ago it was promised that a PCV revised system would be available in 90 days. Now Mazda is saying the fix won't be ready until March. Variable Valve Timing Actuator became noisy at 46,000 miles. At 51,000 miles the car is throwing a EGR flow insufficient fault code. This repair-$600-will be on my nickel as it seems that the EGR system is not covered by either the powertrain or the 49 state emissions warranties. RF strut is also failing. The worst automotive choice I've made.

Fun car,good mileage, ho hum quality
By Audiosaurus on 03/28/09 08:55 AM (PDT)

Short review.... I get 26.5 mpg overall mpg, posted seems low. And I go pretty fast. Bose stereo is a waste of money. Basic system is fine, and the OEM speakers they use are very good--even if you replace the head unit, stock speakers are solid. Seems Bose didn't tune the system because it rattles terribly. I'm an audio dood; Bose are clown shoes. A safety recall on engine mount, an "unofficial" recall on d-link in rear end, and a throttle failure in first year. Occasionally belches smoke. Hmm. Interior design is nice. Lots of rattles. Good cargo capacity. More fun than the WRX, feels faster, snappier brakes. Clutch is sticky and 'sudden'. Best 'fast' car for the money, by far

Couldn't be happier!
By iightfyre on 08/26/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

This car is the best in its class. I drove the Civic Si, Sentra SE-R spec-v, Acura RSX type S, Subaru WRX. The other cars don't even compare. The Mazdaspeed 3 is by far the fastest on the market. Looking to spend under $25k, I was shocked at the performance that I found with Mazdaspeed 3. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds... wow.. it's fast. Torque steer is not noticeable after you learn how to drive it. This car is absolutely fast and will blow away anything less than $60k in a street race (I know, I've done it). The bottom line is that this car is hot, has a very comfortable interior, has amazing power, great handling, great breaking and did I mention... it's FAST!!!

My red hot spicy mid-life crisis car!
By The_Spicy_One on 07/07/08 21:49 PM (PDT)

I bought this car used at 6,500 miles and have put about 9k on it myself. I must say that each and every single one of those miles have a smile attached to it! The car is very stable at highway speed and is quite capable of keeping up with much faster and more upscale sports cars. My daily commute to work is about 15 miles and I mostly do city driving. My driving style tends to be more on the spirited side of the spectrum. I love the exhaust note, the acceleration, braking and cornering! The build quality and workmanship is superior and the design is very modest but attractive. Driven modestly, this car will not attract attention, but if you have the devil's gas foot, watch out!

I love mine
By Shel on 04/16/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

Even after 8 months I still can't really find anything that I don't love about this car. It's fast, and fun to drive while being economical and roomy. It's almost like being in a small suv size wise, but with the heart of a racer. All of my friends and family are impressed with it, and people in parking lots have stopped to ask me questions about it. My brother actually purchased his 2008 pearl white one yesterday. We now have a family of Mazda Speed3s.

Perfect Blend
By Mazda Man on 01/06/08 16:00 PM (PST)

After a long period of test driving cars I finally decided the Mazda was for me. It's just got everything I need and want. Plenty of room for all my stuff, good gas mileage and has plenty of power. Step on the gas and you feel an invisible wave of torque moving you along. Bottom end, top end, there's always plenty of power. The handling is extraordinary, probably handles as well as some rwd cars. Torque steer is alive but manageable. Keeping all the power in check are the powerful brakes, the steering is responsive and provides lots of feedback. All this performance and fun and still enough room for everything you own. This car is an amazing mixture of all you need.

Thanks Mazda for making this car!
By franck on 12/10/07 22:25 PM (PST)

Hatchback. Turbo. Clean design. Lots of amenities. Fun to drive. Safe. Stable. Comfortable. Fast. Good brakes. Leather. Affordable. Sounds like a perfect car!

MS3 GT saved my life
By shoemanfoo on 10/07/07 15:38 PM (PDT)

I owned my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT for a total of 45 minutes before I was in a head on collision by a RAV-4 going eastbound on a westbound lane on a major highway. We were both going approximately 65 MPH in opposite directions before we collided. I cannot comment on the long term reliability of the vehicle or the MPG but I am alive today due to the solid construction and safety features of this vehicle. Unfortunately the person driving the RAV-4 that hit me was not as lucky. My hat is off to Mazda for building such a fantastic and secure vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.