Used 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - Consumer Reviews

Sport 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (51 reviews )

Love me Love me not
By garv214

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my Mazdaspeed 3 for 3 months and 3700 miles now and have noticed things I love and things that need improvement. The car handles very well, but may be a bit harsh for some. The interior is very nicely laid out (love the blue accent lighting). The exterior styling can take a bit getting used to. I bought mine in Black, so the "happy face" is not noticeable at all. I drive very conservatively so I have been averaging around 23-24 mpg with a 60-40 mix of city and highway driving. Overall a nice car and a great value, but Mazda needs to work on the clutch on these cars. My clutch is taking away from the fun of driving it, which is a big reason why people buy these cars.

Excellent value for the money, leather interior, interior lighting, hatchback versatility, room for grown ups in the back. The tech package is a great value. Sure the Nav screen is tiny, but it is right where the driver needs it. Love the phone and radio controls on the steering wheel. I thought the "smart key" and start button would be a bit gimmicky, but I have really grown to appreciate them. The car handles very well and has a ton of power. Fuel economy isn't too bad, all things considered, but I am hoping to get my daily commute mileage closer to 25-26 mpg from 23-24 mpg.

No temperature gauge (c'mon how hard could it have been to add this...) for that matter, how about an oil pressure gauge as well. Clutch is very binary. I have driven manual transmission cars since 1984 and have never had such a challenge getting used to a clutch before. I test drove 2 Mazdaspeeds and they both had this problem. Motortrend noted this same problem in their long term tester as well. If I lived in San Francisco, it would be a deal-breaker for me. The cruise control on mine sometimes gets confused after a long downhill followed by an uphill. The Bose stereo is just ok. It's better than the one in my Protege5 but nothing to write home to mom about in my opinion.

ZUM ZUM
By zum_zum

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

700 Letters can't do this little red rocket justice but I'll try! It handles like it's on proverbial rails. The steering is so tight it's easy to oversteer for the first few trips out. The ride is as it should be fun and tight. You do feel and hear the road more than a lot of cars, but that's the way things are when you're riding in a Road Race car suspension. This Zoom Zoom straightens out the highway with flat corners and extremely tight steering. The engine revs like a sewing machine but not like Grandmas!! The Turbo brings it to life like no 4 cylinder I've ever driven. RPMs are quick and effortless. The interior is comfortable with everything within reach and it seats "5"

The Steering, handling, power, looks, comfort, And the point blank fun Factor It's all here in this package. The interior is very comfortable, You can make long trips without your back hurting. Plus you can seat five without cramping any one of them.The shifter,GPS,Radio,AC and heater controls are easily within reach. Radio controls are on the steering wheel as is the Blue tooth phone controls Just a left thumb movement answers and makes calls and controls radio volume. The right thumb controls GPS screen and information center. Gauges are large and easy to read. Now, how about 10 BOSE speakers with 244 watt factory installed amp.. Yes, I love my Zum Zum!

#1.More H.P. I would like to see 320 or so horses out of this little car. #2. It should come factory with a road track to keep it feeling good! #3. It should come factory with a Road Track to keep me feeling great! lol #4. A factory installed Radar Detector. #5. There should be a adrenaline warning on the glove box door. Seriously, I can't think of anything you would want that is not at least Offered with the ZOOM ZOOM "Speed 3" except my first item, More Horsepower.

Most affordable fun
By crh_usa

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I hesitated for a long time between the more reasonable Civic Si, the Golf GTI and the speed. The strong financial incentives on the Mazda 2010 made it an easier decision. This car is so much fun to drive. Without the turbo on, it is a peppy economical car. With the turbo on, you wake up the beast.

It is super well equipped, including Bluetooth, nice computer. But the power of the car is just incredible.

little better seats desired. Also the tech package is a hodgepodge of non related features. Stereo, Navigation, Sat radio, Wireless. Not interested in paying for most of them.

First 400 miles
By REV

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

26 mpg after the first 400 miles. Yes I am babying it except for attacking the winding uphill winding roads where I let it loose. Handling is incredible. Brakes are great. Torque steer? I've felt more torque pull from a 9 lb miniature poodle. Keep the engine in the right power band 3k rpm - 5k rpm and you don't have to worry about torque steer. Looks? Yes it is goofy. Especially at first. Most guys buy an expensive car because they look good in it. Me? I buy an ugly car, because next to it I look really good. Got mine in black and must say that it has a look that really grows on you. 263 ponies with a 4clynder getting 26mgp? Are you kidding me? Bought mine for much less than invoice. Great

Blue tooth integration with iphone. Didn't even realize the car had it when I bought it. MPG and turbo readouts help me keep the car in the right power band to maximize mileage and Turbo brings the power when I need it w/o turbo lag. Semi-leather interior a nice touch. Steering wheel feels good.

Close ratio transmission makes it easy to miss shift and end up in the wrong gear. transmission refuses to downshift until it is ready. Very frustrating for spirited driving. Add a gear indicator light on the dash. Back of car collects tons of dust on dirt roads. Dukes of Hazzard not happy. Glove box too small

Love, love, love this car
By Destin

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've wanted a Mazda Speed 3 for about 2 years and finally my dream came true. It is everything I thought it would be and more. It is FAST, comfortable and has many features you wouldn't expect for a car in this price range. The handling is second to none!

Everything -- this car is a dream to drive.

Automatic lights