2015 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

This is the best Mid Size Sedan bang for buck
By Peter

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The main competition to this car is the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, and Nissan Altima.

In my opinion Mazda is better overall than all these cars.

Mazda is by far the most sporty of all these cars. The engine is very responsive and it's fun to go wide open throttle all the time. Mazda has a kick down switch which downshifts when you got WOT for maximum acceleration. You can also turn traction control off for a slightly more responsive throttle. Engine revs up really fast and you feel the power quickly. The traditional transmission feels better than the CVTs on the Accord and Altima. You feel the gear shifts and can rev engine.

Mazda's are also reliable. I have poked around the car a lot, and it is logically designed. Comes with skid pad for rust protection and aerodynamic efficiency. It's nice that you don't need to sacrifice fun driving for fuel efficiency because the Mazda 6 gets the best mpg of the bunch, while being the most sporty.

Honda is good, but they are more expensive than Mazda. Honda is better than in terms of performance and reliability over Toyota and Nissan. So there isn't a reason to buy a Toyota or Nissan. And ford is just completely unreliable. They have had so many lemon cars from 2011 to 2014. I would not trust the reliability. Don't read just one review. Look up reliability statistics, performance specs, and many reviews. Looks at the prices in your location and decide for yourself. For most people, the Mazda 6 is the best option.

THE Best Car I've ever owned
By dwkwhite28@msn.com

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at several cars, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altama, etc. It came down between the Honda Accord and the Mazda 6. We already have an Accord, which is also a really good vehicle, however I wanted something a little more sporty looking, which is why I chose the 6. Besides the amazing looks of this car, the interior and what you get for the price, just can't be beat. I'm averaging around 33mpg and that's half town driving and half highway. This car is just so much fun to drive, it handles so well and for a 4 cylinder the pick up is really good. I can't recommend the Mazda enough, very satisfied and they have me as a loyal customer.

Second 6
By Jenni

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Mazda 6 - my first was a 2005 iSport that I drove for 267000 miles. I loved that car. However, when other reviewers talk about that the 4cyl engine is sluggish and slow on the take off, the 2015 is a VAST improvement over previous versions. I find my new 6 to be very responsive and quick compared to my old 6 (and a Toyota and Hyundia) . Plenty of "get up and go" for pulling out in traffic, passing and highway driving. It's much quieter and handles beautifully. It's still fun to drive. zoom zoom

Great car, great reliability, fun to drive.
By Ed J.

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

One of the best cars I've owned. Great styling in and out. Quality interior materials. Fantastic mileage, getting high 20's in the city and low 40's on the highway on regular gas. Great handling for a midsize car, plenty of power for highway passing. Only cons, somewhat stiff ride, 19 inch low riding tires are overkill and contribute to stiff ride. A little slow from a dead stop, but after all it is a four-cylinder. Some vibration noise from engine on acceleration but tolerable. No temperature gage, and no compass. I got the car loaded and love all the extras. Great safety with blind spot and rear back up signals. I love the tracking headlights for going through corners at night. I feel like I am driving a much more expensive car than what I paid for it. I look forward to driving it every day!

Best car I've owned so far!
By DrunkenTiger

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

One year of ownership and I'm still loving this car. Saves gas and looks great. Everyone at work still compliments the car and is surprised it's a Mazda. I have my 6 in Soul Red (Touring with Tech Package) and it's a beauty to look at night and especially in the day when the sun is shining on it. It has a custom metallic red look to it when viewing at different angles. Handling is tight, direct, and responds right away compared to a Honda or Toyota. I don't like it when the steering feels loose. Step on the gas all the way down and the transmission responds very quickly. Acceleration is not that fast like a v6 (compared to my 05 g35 coupe) but is good enough for me to get on the freeway.

There's some wind noise when on the freeway but turning up the radio makes it less noticeable. Interior is very nice and looks better than some luxury cars. It is roomy and has lots of soft touch materials. Doesn't look cheap and plasticky like the competitors. The layout of the interior is just right. Not a lot of small buttons cluttering the interior. Everything is placed right where it should be. Radio is okay just wished it had a 7" touchscreen like the CX-5 but everything seems to work fine. Bose audio system is not that loud. Voice activated commands are a neat feature but I've never used it so can't really comment on it. Seats are very comfortable. I don't have any discomfort on my commute especially while sitting in a traffic jam.

Hopefully Mazda will come out with a Speed6 or or turbocharged 4cylinder in the future. I know my next car will be a Mazda again but for now I'm keeping this car for a long time.

Pros:
blind spot monitoring
handling
19" wheels
rearview camera with rear cross traffic alert
bluetooth
mpg
armrest extends

Cons:
Radio is too small
wind noise
Bose audio system
instrument/gauge colors is white. Looks too plain. Wished it had some more colors to it similar to an Infiniti or Acura.
hp (A few more hp and this car will be even more fun to drive)