2015 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews

2015 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
follow up from november 2014
By screwedinaz on 03/01/15 14:44 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

have had a chance to drive this for some time now. only been about 1300 miles but i can better review it now vs. 5 hours. overall the car is alot of fun, again i have the base model. this IS a sport sedan with the sport sedan feel so i will caution you up front the ride is stiff and the suspension will NOT be like driving an El dorado. now that does not mean you feel every bump and pebble in the road either. get it on a smooth highway and you hear almost nothing at all. the motor idles near flawlessly at stop. and the OEM tires seem to hold the sharp turns on a nice mountain very well. the info center is good for MPG. but the 6 spd manual. also helps achieve well over the listed 28 mpg. city

Defects Make Buying Pointless
By kmkeuch12 on 02/03/15 12:35 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is stylish, great to drive, and the extra perks make it comparable to other luxury cars. The problem? I bought my 2015 MAZDA6 Grand Touring (with Technology Package, low profile tires, and remote start engine) in November of 2014. One month later the car died on me. What happened? The TPMS was constantly misinforming me of low tire pressure, but that wasn't the biggest issue. The big problem was the power control module dying. After a month of waiting for the part to come in I was finally given a substitution vehicle identical to my original car. This car, after 5 days of ownership, is also having the Tire Pressure Warning come on unnecessarily. Mazda has not been helpful.

Excellent; luxury car comfort, sports car feel
By jpedmonds1 on 01/30/15 06:46 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has surpassed all expectations. It is sleek and stylish; I get compliments from strangers. It is the most smooth-driving and responsive family car I've ever driven, by far. Hands down better than my wife's Camry which I drove for years, and the newer Camry's I test drove recently. It's also comfortable and convenient. Lots of leg room for passengers. The trunk is massive and uniformly shaped, with back seats that fold down almost flat (unlike the Accord's which don't fold down at all). Awesome gas mileage, despite the sportiness. Sports mode, which I usually think of as a gimmick, is actually really impressive and gives it even more kick.

Mazda 6 at 12k miles
By btuthill on 01/25/15 08:32 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Overall this is a great car. It's fun to drive, and it has a lot of features that come with a low price tag. I bought the package that gave me the 6-speed manual with leather, and the entertainment package. While it has a lot of great things to it, the entertainment system still seems to be a major point where Mazda saved money. There is a decent amount of lag between the use of the center console or steering wheel controls to the actual response on the unit. The leather also feels very thin. I don't think it's real leather, and I worry I'll puncture it. It still looks good though and a lot of people comment on how nice looking the car is. Transmission is superb.. shifting is smooth.

Great Car
By reha on 01/21/15 09:46 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 liquid silver Mazda 6 i grand touring with technology package the day before Christmas on December 23, 2014. I had to wait for it for over a month because they did not have it in stock and I wanted a brand spanking new Mazda which had not been test driven. So, as soon as the car arrived from Japan, I got a call from the dealer and I got my Baby! -:) Let me tell you: IT IS A FANTASTIC CAR!!! I got the top of the line model with all the bells and whistles. This car literally does everything (even the braking if you forget to hit the breaks!) except the driving part. I like all the safety feature and the cruise control with radar!

Mazda makes great cars and the Mazda 6 is no exception
By stevenrose on 01/14/15 05:41 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda 6 is a great car. The exterior styling is very eye catching and the 19" wheels are beautiful. I purchased the Grand Touring because I wanted heated seats, however I had to get Nav, which I did not really need. The fit and finish is excellent and the handling is top-notch. Acceleration is decent and power is strong is you really hit the petal. The Engine is tuned for fuel economy so torque feels weaker at low speeds. Ride is firm, but I think it is actually comfortable. Agile and fun to drive are two words that describe the driving experience. The inside feels comfortable and upscale. I think this is a near perfect blend of economy and performance.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring
By scrdn1 on 12/17/14 10:05 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At the end of my VW CC lease, I chose the Mazda 6 Touring with the 6 speed manual. Chose the Mazda for the manual, and didnt want a mid size sedan with a CVT transmision. Well put together inside and out. Trunk is cavernous and rear seats have great leg room. I have had problems with the touch screen as Edmunds suggests. MPG has been about 28 in mixed city highway driving. It's also a beautiful car BTW with the Deep Crystal Blue exterior.

2000-mile review
By pb4128 on 12/05/14 07:17 AM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda6 for a month and a half now. I am, overall, very happy with the vehicle. I was leaning towards a Honda Accord because I have owned Hondas in the past, but I could not stand the CVT. This brings up my favorite feature in the Mazda: the automatic transmission - perfect, absolutely perfect. It is smooth and quick shifting, and always eager to downshift for more power. It is like it reads my mind and is always ready for the next move. It is, quite simply, the best automatic transmission I have ever experienced. The engine is smooth and powerful enough. I have not really measured fuel economy. The interior and exterior design are clean and un-cluttered.

Very Impressed
By jfcpamba on 11/13/14 19:29 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun car to drive, manual that could fit our family of five. Test drove many cars and decided on the 6. This car is not perfect, but it is an excellent car for this price point. The best part of this car is the drive. It feels and handles great, like you are connected to the road. The fit and finish on the inside are fantastic as everything has a really nice look and feel to it. Nothing fantastic, but everything is nice. On the outside, I think it's a beut...but that's my opinion. I've had it for 6 weeks now and am now averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. Hard to believe! This car is what I was looking for.

Vast improvement over 2nd generation 6
By twistiesmc on 11/11/14 20:37 PM (PST)

2015 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2015 Mazda6 is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. First things first; the car is stunningly beautiful and is unlike the plain vanilla and overly conservative, "front-runners" in this segment. That means you Toyota, Honda, etc. Mazda has done a superb job in bringing this car to market, especially after becoming independent again. It's light, fuel-efficient and a joy to drive. Sure it won't win many drag races or handle like a Porsche, but that's the point; it's a family sedan with real personality, and soul for that matter - how many Japanese sedans can you say that about? It's design and powertrain are innovative and make up a whole, greater than the sum of its parts.