2015 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great car, great reliability, fun to drive.
By Ed J.

2015 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

One of the best cars I've owned. Great styling in and out. Quality interior materials. Fantastic mileage, getting high 20's in the city and low 40's on the highway on regular gas. Great handling for a midsize car, plenty of power for highway passing. Only cons, somewhat stiff ride, 19 inch low riding tires are overkill and contribute to stiff ride. A little slow from a dead stop, but after all it is a four-cylinder. Some vibration noise from engine on acceleration but tolerable. No temperature gage, and no compass. I got the car loaded and love all the extras. Great safety with blind spot and rear back up signals. I love the tracking headlights for going through corners at night. I feel like I am driving a much more expensive car than what I paid for it. I look forward to driving it every day!

Best car I've owned so far!
By DrunkenTiger

2015 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

One year of ownership and I'm still loving this car. Saves gas and looks great. Everyone at work still compliments the car and is surprised it's a Mazda. I have my 6 in Soul Red (Touring with Tech Package) and it's a beauty to look at night and especially in the day when the sun is shining on it. It has a custom metallic red look to it when viewing at different angles. Handling is tight, direct, and responds right away compared to a Honda or Toyota. I don't like it when the steering feels loose. Step on the gas all the way down and the transmission responds very quickly. Acceleration is not that fast like a v6 (compared to my 05 g35 coupe) but is good enough for me to get on the freeway. There's some wind noise when on the freeway but turning up the radio makes it less noticeable. Interior is very nice and looks better than some luxury cars. It is roomy and has lots of soft touch materials. Doesn't look cheap and plasticky like the competitors. The layout of the interior is just right. Not a lot of small buttons cluttering the interior. Everything is placed right where it should be. Radio is okay just wished it had a 7" touchscreen like the CX-5 but everything seems to work fine. Bose audio system is not that loud. Voice activated commands are a neat feature but I've never used it so can't really comment on it. Seats are very comfortable. I don't have any discomfort on my commute especially while sitting in a traffic jam. Hopefully Mazda will come out with a Speed6 or or turbocharged 4cylinder in the future. I know my next car will be a Mazda again but for now I'm keeping this car for a long time. Pros: blind spot monitoring handling 19" wheels rearview camera with rear cross traffic alert bluetooth mpg armrest extends Cons: Radio is too small wind noise Bose audio system instrument/gauge colors is white. Looks too plain. Wished it had some more colors to it similar to an Infiniti or Acura. hp (A few more hp and this car will be even more fun to drive)

8000 mile road trip
By Jeri Huston

2015 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought our 2015 Mazda 6 touring edition new, a year ago from Cory Fairbanks - Orlando. Wife and I just returned from a 1 month/8000 mile road trip from Florida through Chicago - Montana - Colorado - Texas. Great ride - Comfortable seats(no back aches or leg cramps)- Outstanding performance and handling through out the Rocky mountains most notably on the "going to the sun road" in Glacier National Park - car was great but wife squealed a few times. Several states have 80 mph speed limits, and I used every bit of it. Car hugged the road and handled great even loaded down with a ton of camping gear. We got very good gas mileage and appreciated the different gauge settings to see current and total mpg. Sorry to read a couple of other reviews where people are having a problem - So far we have not had any problems(knock on wood). I think they have designed and built a very good vehicle at a reasonable price. I would and have recommended this car to a friend. We like the car so well - I'd bet Mazda will wish they hadn't given us a lifetime warranty.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By Briana

2015 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Personally speaking, my car appears to be a dud. I own a 2015 Touring Mazda 6 with the Bose and Moonroof package. I have taken it to my dealership a ridiculoys number of times with no success. My Tire Pressure Monitoring system has been 'fixed' multiple times. It threw another code tonight. After 'proper' recall fix. The driver seat is electric and makes the worst squealing sound like the motor is going out. I frequently can't get my car to lock and unlock. I've had issues with my paint including rail dust and flakes. The headlights make the most awkward line. The headunit frequently messes up and turns itself on and off. My car shudders when shifting gears occasionally or loses power all together. At an idle the engine tends to surge. It also makes a clicking sound. My list goes on and on. There are horrible blind spots. The brake pads wear unevenly. It is just frustrating to invest in a beautiful car for it to fall apart. My dealership is rude and unhelpful. This car has been in and out of the shop causing me to miss work and classes multiple times. I bought this car thinking I wouldn't need to worry about the maintenance as much as my 1994 Acura Legend. However, my 21 year old car proved to be more reliable. Be very wary of Mazda and their warranty issues. They require their technicians to duplicate issues before they will even look at records to see what the problem could be. Their technicians are very unskilled. I've even dealt with a regional rep who was the first half decent customer service person I dealt with. My car is still unfixed. This has been on going for MONTHS. It all begin before or right after 5000 miles.

My A/C has already stopped working
By Sonia

2015 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

For 2015 model and about 20000 miles my A/C has already stopped working. When I took it to service center they are claiming it's because the manufacture is not loading enough freon in the units since they couldn't find any leaks. Either way for Mazda to run into problems this early I am not looking forward to owning this car after 36000 miles.

• SUV