Very impressive car even with its quirks
By flounda on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Although my search didn't start with the Mazda6, it ended there. Very impressive vehicle especially at this price point. Loaded with features, drives VERY well, comfortable and especially in Soul Red, very good looking. I am a previous Mazda owner so I felt right in home in this car. The driving position and touch points make it feel like you are driving something other than a mid-priced sedan with a mere 4 cylinder engine.
Favorite Features
LOVE the driving position! Relationship between me and the car is perfect. I am really, really impressed with the seats. They aren't advertised as sport seats but they feel that way. I didn't think I would like the gadgets like radar cruise, back up cross traffic warning, etc., but I have to admit, they work very well without being obtrusive. I am getting great gas mileage (32.4 on first fill up in mostly stop/go, in town driving). Sport mode in this transmission is awesome! The change in response and feel in the car is quite noticeable and nice. Integration of the systems, phone, audio, navigation, etc., is well done and the command controller works better than I imagined.
Suggested Improvements
How much does another auto up/down window switch cost? Really Mazda? Only one for the driver is a little disappointing. Although the I-E Loop system saves gas, at low speeds the regenerative brakes seem too aggressive at reducing speed. Not sure this one is worth the effort. The Navigation graphics are comically bad compared to other cars and even stand alone units. It works but you are not going to impress anyone with your state of the art car with this feature. A real temperature gauge would be nice instead of the little blue/red thermostat.