Very Impressed...!
By triton189 on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I just purchased this vehicle and I am very impressed. I am in sales so I have a had a lot cars over my 20 plus years. I also sell parts to the auto mfg's so I know a little bit about build quality, etc. The build quality on this car is very good. But what really shines besides the exterior design of the car is the engine. I have taken two trips with the car and one I got 40.5 MPG the other 37.5. Both trips I had the air on and speed was approx 70. Although, the 37.5 trip I was going a little faster. The car also does not feel like a mid size sedan and it feels like a small sports car when driving. So far the only thing I don't care for are the seats as they seem very hard.
Favorite Features
Mpg, Interior Layout of dash, exterior design, handeling, driving position,small steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are a little narrow and are hard. I hope the seats break in a little over time.
By triton189
on 05/30/13 05:12 AM (PDT)

Suvsbob, I am reading the Avg MPG. All highway air on 65-70 MPH and getting anywhere between 37- 40. This is no exaggeration as I have had many cars being in sales. There are some things I don't like about this vehicle, just so you know I don't drink the kool aid because I own this car.

By trvlr42
on 05/31/13 08:03 AM (PDT)

I have had this vehicle for about three weeks. I have taken two trips in excess of 2100 miles with it and had averaged between 37.8 to 44.6 depending on what terrain I am driving on. With the cruise control set and the radar working the vehicle tends to do better in fuel economy than one might think possible. In the mountains of CO, I averaged 39.8 to 40.2 consistently. So to get the higher milage is possible. As Well this is all traveling between 75 and 80 mph.

By suvsbob
on 05/28/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

Can you double check your MPG? You sure you're reading the average MPG? Not the instant MPG... I've been having the car for about three months. my car's MPG NEVER exceeds 29 MPG, which is fairly consistent from what I read of other drivers' experience. Your MPG even exceeds the official highway number. If it's not exaggeration, I'd like to think you made a reading mistake. Thanks!

By cubanpete
on 05/29/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

I have no problem getting a reading of 40+ mpg avg if I drive the long desert roads out here with the cruise set to 55. That being said, I haven't actually verified the mileage readings the car gives me. susbob, if you are unable to break 29 mpg, you must have quite a lead foot I'm thinking...

By s100y
on 05/29/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

suvsbob, I am consistently getting 31-31.5 mpg in 50% city+50%hwy driving and got 39 mpg this memorial day weekend on a 100% hwy drive (no A/C).

By mn_test347
on 02/25/14 13:55 PM (PST)

Are you guys taking the MPG from the computer or from miles divided-by gallons to fill? The computers are notorious liars.