Steering and air conditioning vent problem
By zoomzoomtx on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have 1500 miles so far, having some issue with the steering wheel column making vibrating noises whenever the car's driving on bumpy roads, sounded like somethings loosen. I went back to the dealer to report the problem and they said it is a common problem that they've seen before and Mazda have a solution for it. That was three weeks ago, and now this vibrating noise is back again. Also, one of the air conditioning vent makes a noticeable whistle sound if air speed is over 50%. Any of you had similar problems?
Suggested Improvements
Cons: No sliding armrest for base model
By s100y
on 08/23/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

I got distracted while parking and hit the gas pedal instead of the brakes. The car zoomed, hit the curb in front (about 5 inches high) and climbed over it before I applied the brakes. I thought the impact must've damaged the bushings/struts or something luckily nothing happened. Drove 1000 miles since and it is running like a charm. I have 5100 miles and really happy with the solid drive and mpg. Tried the A/C on full blast there were no unwanted noises/whistles.

By skyactivity
on 08/22/13 13:30 PM (PDT)

Mine started that steering wheel noise after I hit a terrible pothole (seriously I think half the wheel went in there). I've noticed if you pull out the steering wheel-adjuster lever and retighten it it makes a difference. My vents are pretty loud when on full blast but none of them whistle. I wonder if you could feel inside it for a rough piece? The slats feel kind of raw so maybe sanding a particularly rough one could help. Just speculating though.

By graym6
on 09/04/13 23:20 PM (PDT)

The problem is that it makes rattling noises that is quite yet noticeable to driver and passenger. I test drove many times at night around midnight when everything is quite. I found out noticeable rattling noises coming from the passenger side door, driver side seat belt area, and steering column. Squeak noise from center console is already known for many Mazda 6 owners.