So far so good!
By 97buckeye on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my 6 for a month now, and have put about 1,800 miles on it. So far I am loving it. The ride is firm but smooth, steering is tight and accurate and the Bluetooth features are awesome. I almost bought a Kia Optima, but once I saw the Mazda 6, I was hooked. I have been more than pleased with my mileage. I have been tracking it with an app on my phone and I have been getting around 33 mpg +/-, with a 60/40 highway/city split. This is about the same as my old 2002 Honda Civic! I have been keeping my speed in check and haven't hot-rodded it too much, but I don't drive it easy either.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is great, and the computed value on the trip computer is pretty close to my calculated value. Bluetooth works perfectly. I have a GS3 from Sprint and everything works, including the audio streaming, Pandora, phone calls, and text messages. I was worried about the Pandora as the manual said it wouldn't work with my phone on Sprint, but it does! Soul Red: This color is simply beautiful. Back up camera. I back into all my parking spaces now! Comfort: Seats are very comfy (see one Con below for exception), and the back seat has a ton of space. Push button start: What guy doesn't want a car with a big START button!
Suggested Improvements
The front seats could be a little wider. I'm 6'2", 185 lbs, and with the seat was just a tiny bit wider. Part of the problem is that the seats are bolstered so that you don't move around in spirited driving, and I tend to prop my left leg up a little. Other than that the seats are comfy.