2014 Mazda Mazda6 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So far, so good

2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

So far, so good
By fredstench on

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 1 month. No issues so far. This is my third Mazda, and I purchased this after very positive experience with my Miata and CX-9. Before purchasing, I test drove a BMW 3 series w x-drive and turbo 4 cylinder, Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Azera, and Mercedes CLA. Results: I was underwhelmed by the BMW experience for the $, and the fact that it required premium fuel. The Genesis was nice but felt heavy and gets mediocre fuel economy, plus it was rear drive. Mercedes CLA was OK but I did not care for the interior. With Mazda 6 equipment, it would be $40k.

Favorite Features

The Mazda 6 is beautiful to look at and has a very classy interior with nice materials. No hard plastic. Ride quality is on the firm side - as I like it. Acceleration is good, but not great. My experience with fuel economy has been good so far. On a trip to NYC the fuel economy registered 33 mpg. Not bad for a new engine.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation system is clunky. Voice recognition is poor and requires following a command protocol whic is not intuitive. Using my iPhone and Google maps is much easier. This needs to be addressed on future models. Also, the the sunglass holder on the Mazda 6 is on the small side. Its a minor thing, but annoying.