Simply an incredible car
By suvsbob on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Since January, I've done a lot research for my next new car. I've shifted my chosen car a few times, but finally locked down to Mazda6. To me, I want a car with character and fun to drive factor. It's pretty easy decision for me to cross out Accord, Camry, or any other popular but souless car. I read every review/test drive out there on 2014 Mazda6. I got excited with all the positive tones. I bought the car last week. God, what an incredible car.
Favorite Features
1. The steering wheel. I don't know how to describe it. Of all the cars I've driven so far(I've driven a lot cars), this one feels the best. Effortless yet stable, solid and agile. 2. The exterior. I could stare the car for hours without blinking my eyes. What a beauty! 3. The interior. Simple, functional yet elegant. Whoever says the interiors is dated knows nothing what he's talking. I didn't go through the manual at all. But I figured out pretty much everything on the first try, including the bluetooth setup, pandora setup, etc. 4. The instrument panel. It feels very much like the new VW cars. White fonts are easy to read. Simply love it.
Suggested Improvements
1. Not enough storage room inside the car. The space on the door's can be better utilized for storage. 2. The command switch is useless. The touch screen is very straight forward to use, no need for such a thing. 3. The trunk is a bit small comparing to other cars I checked.
By suvsbob
on 03/13/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

Now I have put about 800 miles on the car, mixing city and highway driving. The gas mileage hovers around 22 MPG, far below the official number. I'm very frustrated. I will take the car to the dealer to check out.

By s100y
on 03/23/13 16:34 PM (PDT)

susvbobs, I am getting 30 mpg in mixed driving (70% city), this is a little better than I expected. Here are some fuel economy tips I got from Mazda , maybe it will help you. ?Avoid rapid acceleration ?Observe the speed limit; mileage decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph ?Keep tires properly inflated ?Use recommended grade of oil and stay current on scheduled oil changes ?Keep engine properly maintained and stay current on all scheduled services ?Monitor the Current Fuel Economy on the Multi Information Display (if equipped) ?Remove excess or unnecessary weight ?Avoid prolonged idling ?Maintain a constant speed on the highway by using cruise control ?Use higher gears ?Use quality gasoline with the recommended octane

By suvsbob
on 03/17/13 06:47 AM (PDT)

Several information displayed by the info panel don't look right. Including average MPG and Average MPH. By following the manual(Long press on the info button), I reset all these information first time since I purchased the car. Now the numbers make sense. On the recent trip from North Carolina to Washington, I logged 31 MPG. Not spectacular as I hoped, but not shabby either.

By suvsbob
on 02/18/13 12:58 PM (PST)

Several things to update: 1. The bluetooth connection is supposed to be able to display text message. On both my androide phone and my wife's iphone, this function fails and displays " failue downloading message". 2. The mileage dropped from 28 to 24 mpg. I do pretty much all city driving and am very gentle on the gas paddle. The only thing I can think of is the temperature drop from mid 50s to lower 30s in the last few days. 3. My wife loves the blind spot monitor and hands free phone. She sneaks into my car and drives without my knowledge all the time. Darn!