2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Best in class mid-sized sedan

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891 on

2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Update to my initial review (below) - I now have 46K miles on the car and continue to feel strongly that it is the best handling and best looking vehicle in its class and the best choice for an owner who actually likes a vehicle that drives well. It is not perfect though, and things like the wind noise, absence of storage areas, the fact that only the driver's window is auto up/down, the absence of an exterior unlock button on the rear doors, among a few other minor things, are annoying but not deal breakers. The Nav and infotainment have gotten a fair amt of criticism, but once you get familiar with them, they have worked acceptably for me over the years (the inability to view my playlists on my iPhone or iPods continues to annoy though). The only real quality issue that I have had with the vehicle is with the brakes; I have already replace the front rotors and pads with high quality aftermarket items and need to so the same on the rear, as they have a clear tendency to warp, which I have been told is very common in similar vehicles now days as manufacturers cut costs and the quality of their components. Most of the time the power from the engine is fine, but there are times when a bit more power would be a benefit, especially off the line. All things considered, I have no doubt that I would purchase the same vehicle again if I needed to replace mine.

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review