2014 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Review: Best in class mid-sized sedan

2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891 on

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Favorite Features

Great handling, solid gas mileage, good quality, great interior and exterior styling and the Xenon adaptive headlights are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

As many have suggested, the car could use a bit more power, although I would certainly not characterize it as being underpowered. The up- level Bose sound system is only decent, not great, the Tom Tom navigation is a joke compared to even 5 yr old Garmin systems. There should be more interior storage areas, the HomeLink mirror should include a compass feature, as is common and I would certainly prefer a water temperature gauge vs the existing light that simply goes out when the car has warmed up.