Fun, Smooth, and Loud
By burgh412 on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I'll cut right to the chase. This is arguably the best-looking car on the road right now, at least with the red paint job. The car feels extremely planted on the highway, and the g-force generated by turning is strangely addictive. Power steering is light for day-to-day driving, but tightens up a bit when you push it. You feel every bump on the road, but I like that, as it makes you feel connected to the road, and there is certainly no chassis wiggle after hitting bumps. Definitely wind noise above 45mph or so, and I have noticed the back window creaking for the first 10-15 minutes of driving on a very cold day. Headlights could be stronger, but are adequate, and base sound system is great.
Favorite Features
The styling--easily better looking than cars 3-4x its price (I find myself craning my neck to look back after I park it). Dual exhaust looks great. Bluetooth and Pandora capability works well, but can be slow to connect (30-40 seconds). Minimalist cabin--looks very elegant, with nothing superfluous. Integrated side view mirror turn signals feel upmarket. Soul red paint--a must buy in my opinion, as the car's curves are best accentuated by it. Push-button start is easy and luxurious. Gauges are easy to read and sporty. Interior materials feel great (almost rubber feel for dash/door). Windshield wipers are strong and streak-free. USB and Aux inputs are helpful. Stitching, even on base model.
Suggested Improvements
Definitely reduce wind noise. Auto-down and up for all windows (not just driver's). Bigger nav screen. Armrest could be moved up about 2-3 inches. USB and aux jacks should be easier to access. Better off-the-mark acceleration. V6 option. Option for remote start.