No Valet Protection! Beware of the Small Things
By condor2fly on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have deep buyer's remorse. I agree with most of fawning reviews concerning the car's style and how it drives. But oh how I wished I'd examined it more carefully for practical lifestyle needs, when I went for that test drive. Subsequently, I was bummed to discover the only way to open and then lock the doors and trunk is to dig my key set with the key fob out of my pocket, rather than pushing a little button. A couple days later I was shocked and mortified to discover that I cannot secure my identity papers or anything in the glove box or the trunk, because there's no valet system whatever--not even a key. I live in Los Angeles, and now I cannot valet, without removing a bunch of things?
Favorite Features
Love the way it looks. That's why I bought it. I like the sound of the engine. Performance seems fine--I like the stiff feel. I haven't had it long enough to assess the mileage.
Suggested Improvements
See the first part of the review. Some things you don't pick up on a single test drive. For example, I find it quite uncomfortable getting in and out of the car. In comparison to the Altima I had previously (one trim level up from the stripped down model has the smart key and valet system, etc.) there is much less storage space inside the Mazda6--much less. The interior usability is not good, not well designed. Finally, at least in Southern California, it was hard to lease this car at a decent price, vis a vis other cars in its class at the exact same MSRP. Do your research--thoroughly. I waited till the last minute.
By personatech
on 05/19/14 07:07 AM (PDT)

There is indeed a valet security system in the Mazda 6. You really should read the manual sometime: http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/177790-ms6-valet-key.html#post2460526

By personatech
on 05/19/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

Sorry - I hadn't noticed that the Mazda 6 referenced in my previous comment is a 2006 model. I just find it surprising that something as simple as valet lockout would be dropped.