2014 Mazda Mazda6 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not quite an Audi or

2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Not quite an Audi or BMW but: WOW!
By ma6 on

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to replace my 2000 Altima SE with a CPO Audi or BMW since other options (Altima, Camry, Sonata and Accord) did not quite cut it for me. The VolksWagen CC was a strong option but I wanted to keep the price under 30K. Then, I came across the new M6. When I compared its features and advantages -for the price- to those of some of the luxury CPOs, I was sold. I am a spirited driver and I already own a 2001 Miata (I had also owned a Mazda 2200 Sport Truck a few years ago), so I was familiar with the brand and its characteristics. After about one week of ownership, the more I drive the car the more I like it. I am convinced that it may very well be the best in the segment.

Favorite Features

I love the style and the fun factor. The AT is responsive and so is the four banger. The car looks very expensive and drives and responds to the driver's input very well. Can't wait for the Mazda Speed version! Overall, this car is an excellent value for those looking for some Zoom-Zoom in their daily commute.

Suggested Improvements

A V6 could be a knockout for Mazda. Mazda could also use better quality materials for some of the interior components for the Sport and Touring trims even if it means a few hundred dollars more on the sticker price. Longer warranty terms could give Mazda an edge over some of its competitors.