2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: I love my Mazda6 Touring, easi

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

I love my Mazda6 Touring, easily best in class.
By sabbasmas on

2014 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Mazda6 Touring automatic (White ext. and Almond/black leatherette inter.).
I traded in my rattle trap 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe for it.
I had CVT transmssion and other problems
and it dissuaded me from buying Nissans for the future.

I have been waiting for the 6 to come out and finally got one last week.
I am averaging 33 mpg during this first tank of gas. The interior quality is a full class beyond anything inthis price range and appears on par with the Volkswagen CC or BMW 3 series.
The 19 inch wheels and body are sexy and surprisingly, the car still rides very well with such low profile tires. It drives smoothly, but is very aggressive when you want it to be.

• Outward visibility
  • Headlights
  • Parking aids
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lynyrd65
on 07/16/13 02:35 AM (UTC)

Does your car have the tech package and if not how is the stereo? I've been looking at buying this car (literally configured the same as yours, snowflake white with almond leatherette) and have been trying to figure out if the tech package is worth it mainly for the sound system. How does the non-bose system sound?

By cecmazda6
on 05/21/14 17:21 PM (UTC)

Hi All - estwest - the acceleration for merging is really great and getting better as I break the motor in - it flies on the highway love it! Really impressive for 184hp & that's after coming down in power from Sonata Ltd Turbo 274hp (nice car too, but the 6 is more solid, rides even better & no squeaks better build) and its surprisingly comparable if not quite as fast from 0 as the turbo (let's be real how could it be with 90 less horses?) but the lighter chassis and great suspension make for a more agile setup... awesome!

By sabbasmas
on 07/17/13 19:38 PM (UTC)

I do not have the tech package. The stereo is definitely better than my Nissan (non-Bose stereo and far better than the 4 speaker Honda Accord Sport's radio. It is crystal clear and i would say justas good as my wifes Infiniti FX's bose radio. Go try it at the dealer. I dont think the tech package's Bose stereo is necesary. The good thing is that nothing rattles when you blast it.

By cecmazda6
on 05/21/14 20:05 PM (UTC)

Hi lynrd65 - I actually do have the tech package. I think your best bet is to listen to similar or same material on both the base stereo and the Bose system and decide what will work for you... The Tech Package added only $17 per month to my payments so I figured why not!?. You also get the rear-cross traffic alert, the nav, and heated mirrors so unless you're absolutely squeezed, go for the tech it's worth it! I have to say, I'm big on sound quality the Bose system is one of the best sound systems I've heard in any car - and maybe anywhere! Amazing bass, clarity and surround-like stereo effect that doesnt distort when you turn it up... it's particulalry impressive with HD Radio as well as CDs and Bluetooth audio from my phone. A great car deserves great sound :)!

By estwest
on 07/18/13 21:10 PM (UTC)

Hi, how's the acceleration, especially when merging on a highway?