Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6 on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!
Favorite Features
Where do I start? So much to love! Touring w/tech awesome Bose stereo, nav, rear cross traffic alert, rain sensing wipers, dual climate, heated mirrors only $17 more/month: lotta car for 26000! Everything so smooth the ride, quick acceleration & silky auto trans. Awesome Bose sound system alone worth Tech pkg price! Nice upscale interior materials & fit/finish. Passengers compliment rearseat room & softness of leatherette seats over my previous Sonatas leather. 33mpg highway barely broken in. Meteor gray paint strikingly reflective & lustrous shows off the car's lines beautifully under street lights at night as well as direct sun. A sheer stunner both in style & content. Bravo Madza!
Suggested Improvements
Gee... maybe include fog lights standard on Touring trim and up the horsepower to 200 from 184? But these are nitpicks because the car totally flies the more I break it in. The lighter structure & excellent auto transmission compensate to make it feel lighter on its feet & nearly as quick & effortless as the 274hp Sonata Turbo Ltd I traded for it (nice car too but the 6 rides even better & feels a class above in build quality). I hear the nav isn't that great compated to others, but i find it easy to use & it's turning instructions are very detailed & accurate. Otherwise if I experience any negatives I'll let you know, but for now nothing to gripe about!
By cecmazda6
on 05/29/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

P.S: OOPs Thats supposed to be 5 stars for the build quality not 1 - My bad!!!

By cecmazda6
on 06/02/14 21:01 PM (PDT)

Update: Just took it for it's first 'major' ride from Staten Island to Sands Casino Bethlehem PA (about 140-150 miles round trip) & all I can say is wowww. The casino is always fun but this time for me it was all about the trip there and my new 6 stole the show! My friends were all raving how comfortable the seats are & said they felt like they were 'riding on air'. Ditto for me... This car's smooth acceleration & effortless driving dynamics are just uncanny. The trip felt so short# Next how does almost 36 mpg & maybe 1/8th a tank of gas spent round trip sound!? All that on top of being one of the best looking cars period. I was literally giddy at was wishing the ride was longer! A gem of an automobile.