Best Midsize Sedan
By dankocke on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Researched and drove most midsize cars. Nissan Altima is cheapest with the most stuff but extremely bland and a terrible CVT trans. Really liked Passat and Accord but then decided to give the M6 a try. I was instantly impressed with the driving dynamics and the nice interrior. I had a 2008 M6 a couple years back and this one blows it out of the water. I like that I was able to get the Nav package as an add-on. I wanted to keep the price low but I like Nav... and this one DOES have traffic updates. . I have 1000 miles on it and all three tanks have gotten me 33mpg mostly highway commuting. May not be the best deal in terms of incentives, but got $1500 off price plus mil discount.
Favorite Features
Mileage is increadable. I've had dozens (yes dozens) of cars in the last 10 years and this one gives me by far the best normal gas mileage. Ove the last 5 years: 2011 Optima got 28, Optima Turbo got 26, BMW 328 got 26, Acura TSX got 26, Lexus ES got 24, Kia Forte got 28. The only car that faired better was 2012 VW GOLF TDI - 37 mpg, however, the diesel premium got on my nerves. I like the Nav, I think it is very intuitive and the traffic feature is great. The radio is cool for all it's functions. The car is quiet but still gives you road feedback. The backup cam comes on istantly..no wait. A/C works better than all others.
Suggested Improvements
The armrest needs to be larger and move forward on the base model. The radio sound is weird but not terrible. The Passat/Altima blew that one out of the water. HD radio should display the little thumbnail icons. Sport model needs that little joystick for radio controls.