2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Awesome Redesign

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

Awesome Redesign
By lpmiller on

2014 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just traded my '09 6 for an iTouring with the Technology package, in Soul Red. That red is gorgeous. This car is a very nice improvement over the 2nd generation. While it's a touch smaller on the outside, you don't notice it at all on the inside. The engine has a throatier growl to it and you can definitely feel the extra horse power from the old one. It's way too soon for me to talk MPG, as I've only put about 60 miles on the car so far. But the handling, ride comfort, and style is a very nice step up. The autobox is about the best I've ever seen, and the Bose stereo sounds a lot better then the previous version.

Love the 'pleather' seats, extra power and overall way it loves the curves.

I am having a problem in that it takes forever to engage my iPod. I've seen other owners with the issue and suspect there will be a firmware upgrade to the radio needed. Otherwise everything works fine. I do wish the sun visors were more like the '09, sliding the whole visor instead of having a little extender you slide out like on the CX-5.
By alhoss
on 06/22/13 17:19 PM (PDT)

What did you select for the interior color? Do you like it?

By lpmiller
on 06/26/13 07:35 AM (PDT)

i got the black 'leatherette' interior, which really goes well with the soul red. I like it a lot, easy to clean, etc. It does really heat up in the summer sun though, but that's the trade off.