A thing of beauty
By larmo1 on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I am not really into righting reviews, but I love this car. It is perfect for me. It has great gas mileage, fantastic looks, and has a comfortable sweet ride. Holy Cow! Did I say reasonably priced? This is the best car in its class hands down. It gets the same gas mileage with a 2.5 liter engine that my old Honda Civic got with a 1.7 liter engine! What I like most about the Mazda 6 is its smooth acceleration. Most cars lurch or surge when pressing on the gas. Not the Mazda 6. It smoothly and competently accelerates. And I challenge you to feel the transmission shift. It is a thing of beauty. The transmission shifts fluidly like a diver making the perfect dive... not a ripple.
Favorite Features
There are so many things to like about this car that it is hard for me to say what I like best. Transmission aside. It is the total package that is so attractive to me. It does everything very well. Don't get me wrong. The Mazda 6 is not a Lexus and it doesn't try to be. But for the money there is not a better combination of looks, ride, performance and economy without getting a Hybrid. My wife says it is a "manly" looking car? I don't know about that, because it sure is pretty. Oh yeah, I changed the oil the other day. Super easy. The filter and drain are side by side. The oil filter just drops right out. No oil on the engine block or surrounding plastic covers. Nicely done Mazda!
Suggested Improvements
This is getting picky..but the trip mileage display is cramped so it is hard to read some of the numbers. For instance, a seven looks like a one and vice-verse. Storage nooks and crannies are sparse. It would be nice to have more - you know for change and chap stick .....the small stuff that gets used every day and clutters up the beautiful interior. I put a 5 rating for reliability. What am I supposed to say? The car is only three months old! So far so good? When rating new cars, that is a silly category.
By franko1
on 02/12/14 13:05 PM (PST)

I read many posts that say transmission is really smooth. My 14-6 auto is really jerky on braking, downshift. Service says drive it 3 more months and see if it will heal itself. If not a rebuilt may have to be installed. Also, my battery died after the first week. No big deal. Their roadside service came out and Jump started , service found dead cell. New battery installed. Trip A cannot be reset. Elect. problem. Not fixed yet. Overall, I feel the brakes are on weak side. Several posts note same problem and recommend after market upgrade. Just found out my dealer does not have Mazda G5 synthetic oil, only pennzoil. I guess I can add Moly later.