2014 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews 7

2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
soo much car for your money!
By jrabakker on 05/10/13 22:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was going to buy a used car (Audi) at first as I wanted a nice upscale ride. As I was reviewing the gazillion options out there, I stumbled on the 2014 Mazda 6. Could not believe the looks of this car, especially for that price! Made it to the dealer the next day for more on-site research and a test drive. I originally planned to get the Touring, but after some review of the GT I really felt I would regret not taking the GT and all it's extra features and luxury. I ended up indeed getting the GT, and added the adaptive cruise control package and the door window sills. If you go GT, get that MRCC package, as that cruise control is amazing!!!

So far so good!
By 97buckeye on 05/02/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 6 for a month now, and have put about 1,800 miles on it. So far I am loving it. The ride is firm but smooth, steering is tight and accurate and the Bluetooth features are awesome. I almost bought a Kia Optima, but once I saw the Mazda 6, I was hooked. I have been more than pleased with my mileage. I have been tracking it with an app on my phone and I have been getting around 33 mpg +/-, with a 60/40 highway/city split. This is about the same as my old 2002 Honda Civic! I have been keeping my speed in check and haven't hot-rodded it too much, but I don't drive it easy either.

Serious brake problems
By cubanpete on 04/25/13 07:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Anyone considering a mazda 6 should wait until they resolve the following serious issue: My 2014 sport has been in and out of service for loud clunking noises in the rear brakes. So far neither the dealer nor the mazda techs who came out have been able to resolve it. Apparently it has something to do with the calipers. So far they've replaced many of the parts in both rear brakes to no effect. Currently I am waiting while they manufacture larger brake pads to install to see if this solves the issue. I asked them to just replace my vehicle, as this has been dragging on for a long time, but they refuse, so I'm stuck with it while they use me as a guinea pig for their tests.

2014 Mazda 6-Btemest kept secretig items with oriteease.o haul b of new sedans
By thumper477 on 04/24/13 04:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at Accord,Altima,Fusion,Optima,Malibu,and others.Then I heard about the new Skyactiv Mazda 6 from a friend.Test drove our Soul Red sport and bought it on the spot.My friends think I spent big bucks as the car looks very expensive.For a base model the list of standard features is impressive.Leanst the steering stops.t agaither steering wheel,shift knob and e-brake handle are nice touches.I also liked the 1000 dollar owner loyalty rebate. This car as all 2014 Mazda 6's is built in Japan.Not too many cars are made there anymore due to the higher cost of production and shipping.The build quality is excellent.

Great car so far
By adamjf on 04/18/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for two months and 3400 miles so far and it has been great. Love the styling. Could be getting better gas mileage; if driven cautiously and try to milk the gas some, get about 30 mpg mixed driving with about 60/40 freeway, town driving. When driven more aggresively I am getting 28 mpg. That is still not bad for stepping on it quite a bit.

Excellent Car!
By nathanatx on 04/18/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2014 Mazda 6 sport last week. It's a great car. It's design and handling really make it stand out among midsize family sedans. It won't win any drag races but it has competitive acceleration for it's class and gets great gas mileage. I am averaging 29mpg with about 50% highway (60-65mph) and 50% city driving. Some things I have noticed: Plenty of backseat space, gigantic trunk, smooth transmission, suspension stiffer than others but results in better handling, road noise is acceptable but not the quietest and the base model radio stinks but that's to be expected (will upgrade soon) I highly recommend. At least test drive it.

The best!
By andyady on 04/13/13 22:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got myself a 2014 Mazda GT with all the options available and I could not be happier. This car got style, a bold look, a great quality interior, the leather is great, sunroof is great, the acceleration and the manual mode are really fun. I love all the sensors including the backup, blind sports, night and rain sensors. The cruise radar is a must have. Can I also say that I love the 19" rims? Interior room is enough for what I need and I am 6.4. This car is great to drive and I love how it easily adapts to driving conditions. As far as gas mileage I think the author's estimates are not accurate however it does depend on how you drive it. I am close to 30 MPG combined, first tank.

Luxury Sports Sedam
By moveover on 04/13/13 15:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for 2 weeks now and love it. The GT has all the options you expect to find in a luxury car. The handling is great and you get good mileage too.

Wowow... Sleek Curves & brute... power & efficiency
By caloyski on 04/10/13 19:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was really impressed with the driving dynamics and fuel economy of my 2012 mazda3 skyactiv. I was planning to get the cx5, but when i test drove the 6, I left the dealership with it. This time I am getting the 2.5 skyactiv, more power and torque. The car looks fantastic in pictures but when I saw my actual car, white pearl, wow wow wow. So much better even. It's a combination of sleek, sexy and macho upfront. I am getting so much for the price. Interior is high end, classy not over. This is a head turner. Friend said it has the presence of the big BMW 5 series.

Initial thoughts
By choppa on 03/27/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Previous Honda Accord owner who in the end was looking for something a little bit different. With the latest Consumer Reports Auto edition praising the new Accord, along with my bias towards Honda, I was sure I would end up in a new 2013. Driving what everyone else drives wasn't a big concern to me. However, I took the time to get to know the redesigned Mazda 6. There were many positives - styling, interior look/quality (especially on GT), EASY to use tech features, fun to drive factor, innovative skyactive engine, chasis, tranny (for those not into CVTs) and Mazda reputation for quality. In the end, there was enough to push me in a new direction. Time will tell but I like it so far.