2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Serious brake problems
By cubanpete on 04/25/13 07:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Anyone considering a mazda 6 should wait until they resolve the following serious issue: My 2014 sport has been in and out of service for loud clunking noises in the rear brakes. So far neither the dealer nor the mazda techs who came out have been able to resolve it. Apparently it has something to do with the calipers. So far they've replaced many of the parts in both rear brakes to no effect. Currently I am waiting while they manufacture larger brake pads to install to see if this solves the issue. I asked them to just replace my vehicle, as this has been dragging on for a long time, but they refuse, so I'm stuck with it while they use me as a guinea pig for their tests.

2014 Mazda 6-Btemest kept secretig items with oriteease.o haul b of new sedans
By thumper477 on 04/24/13 04:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at Accord,Altima,Fusion,Optima,Malibu,and others.Then I heard about the new Skyactiv Mazda 6 from a friend.Test drove our Soul Red sport and bought it on the spot.My friends think I spent big bucks as the car looks very expensive.For a base model the list of standard features is impressive.Leanst the steering stops.t agaither steering wheel,shift knob and e-brake handle are nice touches.I also liked the 1000 dollar owner loyalty rebate. This car as all 2014 Mazda 6's is built in Japan.Not too many cars are made there anymore due to the higher cost of production and shipping.The build quality is excellent.

Great car so far
By adamjf on 04/18/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for two months and 3400 miles so far and it has been great. Love the styling. Could be getting better gas mileage; if driven cautiously and try to milk the gas some, get about 30 mpg mixed driving with about 60/40 freeway, town driving. When driven more aggresively I am getting 28 mpg. That is still not bad for stepping on it quite a bit.

Excellent Car!
By nathanatx on 04/18/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2014 Mazda 6 sport last week. It's a great car. It's design and handling really make it stand out among midsize family sedans. It won't win any drag races but it has competitive acceleration for it's class and gets great gas mileage. I am averaging 29mpg with about 50% highway (60-65mph) and 50% city driving. Some things I have noticed: Plenty of backseat space, gigantic trunk, smooth transmission, suspension stiffer than others but results in better handling, road noise is acceptable but not the quietest and the base model radio stinks but that's to be expected (will upgrade soon) I highly recommend. At least test drive it.

The best!
By andyady on 04/13/13 22:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got myself a 2014 Mazda GT with all the options available and I could not be happier. This car got style, a bold look, a great quality interior, the leather is great, sunroof is great, the acceleration and the manual mode are really fun. I love all the sensors including the backup, blind sports, night and rain sensors. The cruise radar is a must have. Can I also say that I love the 19" rims? Interior room is enough for what I need and I am 6.4. This car is great to drive and I love how it easily adapts to driving conditions. As far as gas mileage I think the author's estimates are not accurate however it does depend on how you drive it. I am close to 30 MPG combined, first tank.

Luxury Sports Sedam
By moveover on 04/13/13 15:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for 2 weeks now and love it. The GT has all the options you expect to find in a luxury car. The handling is great and you get good mileage too.

Wowow... Sleek Curves & brute... power & efficiency
By caloyski on 04/10/13 19:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was really impressed with the driving dynamics and fuel economy of my 2012 mazda3 skyactiv. I was planning to get the cx5, but when i test drove the 6, I left the dealership with it. This time I am getting the 2.5 skyactiv, more power and torque. The car looks fantastic in pictures but when I saw my actual car, white pearl, wow wow wow. So much better even. It's a combination of sleek, sexy and macho upfront. I am getting so much for the price. Interior is high end, classy not over. This is a head turner. Friend said it has the presence of the big BMW 5 series.

Initial thoughts
By choppa on 03/27/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Previous Honda Accord owner who in the end was looking for something a little bit different. With the latest Consumer Reports Auto edition praising the new Accord, along with my bias towards Honda, I was sure I would end up in a new 2013. Driving what everyone else drives wasn't a big concern to me. However, I took the time to get to know the redesigned Mazda 6. There were many positives - styling, interior look/quality (especially on GT), EASY to use tech features, fun to drive factor, innovative skyactive engine, chasis, tranny (for those not into CVTs) and Mazda reputation for quality. In the end, there was enough to push me in a new direction. Time will tell but I like it so far.

This car compelled me to write a review
By cyberathlete on 03/27/13 09:49 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I hardly write reviews. Of all the opinions I have for everything I buy (good or bad), I never voice them. This car changed that. Tested many cars in this range new and used: VW CC, 2013 Accord, Camry, BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 I chose this because of the combination of looks, performance, comfort, economy and tech features that it offers. My friends were extremely skeptical about this Mazda 6. No one I know owns a Mazda (family or friends). They'd never seen the 2014 model but when I let them all take it for a test drive all their concerns and premature snarky remarks were laid to rest. They all commented on how amazing it looks (inside and out) and how smooth/quick the drive was.

Drive Mazda 6 before buying anything in this class!!!
By futbal9 on 03/24/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you are looking at cars in this class, you must drive the 6 before deciding. It took over three months and 2 to 3 test drives on almost everything in this class, then the 2014 6's came in and it was end of story for all the others. This car is fun!!! The others are nice, Accord Sport is the only thing close, but you won't be driving what everyone else is driving with the 6. The red color is awesome, the silver was also very nice. Gas mileage is great 28mpg average so far with mostly city driving. I feel that I bought a luxury sports car at $15 to $20 thousand less than the luxury brands. Love the leatherette seat very comfortable and I'm 6'3", wife is 5'4" and also is very comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$143 per month*