Used 2014 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Not Meeting Expectations
By jtb82

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car has a great appearance and seemed to be a decent value, but the fuel economy has not even come close to the averages seen on the window sticker.
The sticker averages were 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
My car is averaging 24 mpg and I drive mostly on highways.
Would not recommend!

Its getting boring, talking to all the people who ask about it
By troythiel

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

have had the car a little over a week, 15 GT in Reflex Blue with the almond leather package...and people on the street ask about it everyday...the car is just so dang beautiful that people want to know more about it....I don't have time to tell people about how great the car is...its great in every way so far!

everything

Just took delivery - so far so good
By mrod500

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't had the car a week yet but so far so good.
I agree with the others that it's arguable one of the best looking cars on the road today.
I also like that I'm not lumped into the "Camry and Accord" group. There simply aren't that many Mazda 6's on the road so it's nice to be a little different.
I can see why they charge more for red or white.
I went with white since so many of my friends have red cars.
It looks great! I traded in a Corolla for this car so naturally it feels super loaded to me and it is.
It's got literally everything.
I've had several BMW models in the past and I like to feel the road and that's what you get with the huge 19" wheels.

Still getting used to the NAV and my previous car had NAV with traffic which was really nice. I don't think this NAV has traffic, or I haven't found to how to turn it on yet. The wheels are awesome, the lip spoiler on both the bottom front and the rear deck make the car look aggressive. The dash is loaded and the leather and stitching so far seems high quality. Fuel economy is supposed to be great however I'm still on my first take of gas so I'll get back to you on that one.

Can always use more horsepower although I went from 140 in my Corolla to 184 in this car so that seems adequate, for now. Arm rests need to be higher, especially for the left arm. The NAV is a little quirky to use (I've never used TOM-TOM before) but I would imagine I'll get used to it.

Fun, practical mid-size for enthusiasts
By kj123

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you like the handling of German cars but not the frequent repairs and upsized price, this may be the car for you.
The ride is comfortable but definitely firmer relative to Accord, Camry, etc.
My most recent cars were Audi A4, BMW 328 and VW Passat.
This car is larger than the first two and gets better mileage than all of them...for thousands less.

I checked for road noise at highway speeds based on many reviews and also, rough downshifts.
I have not personally experienced issues with either.

Beautiful styling, Bose stereo, blind spot monitoring and Pandora built in.

Vehicle sits low to the ground, getting in and out isn't super easy. It could use additional horsepower.

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Update to my initial review (below) - I now have 46K miles on the car and continue to feel strongly that it is the best handling and best looking vehicle in its class and the best choice for an owner who actually likes a vehicle that drives well. It is not perfect though, and things like the wind noise, absence of storage areas, the fact that only the driver's window is auto up/down, the absence of an exterior unlock button on the rear doors, among a few other minor things, are annoying but not deal breakers. The Nav and infotainment have gotten a fair amt of criticism, but once you get familiar with them, they have worked acceptably for me over the years (the inability to view my playlists on my iPhone or iPods continues to annoy though). The only real quality issue that I have had with the vehicle is with the brakes; I have already replace the front rotors and pads with high quality aftermarket items and need to so the same on the rear, as they have a clear tendency to warp, which I have been told is very common in similar vehicles now days as manufacturers cut costs and the quality of their components. Most of the time the power from the engine is fine, but there are times when a bit more power would be a benefit, especially off the line. All things considered, I have no doubt that I would purchase the same vehicle again if I needed to replace mine.

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.