2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mmmmmaaaazzzdddaaa!!!
By tmayagirl on 07/23/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought the 2014 Mazda 6 I touring model about 2 weeks ago and I love this car! I had an MX 5 soft top convertible before so I already was a Mazda fan. But now, in my humble nonprofessional opinion, Mazda has out done itself! Quality all the way! Alright I'm going driving now.

Happy so far
By sbronemann on 07/21/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just have over 500 miles on it now and the first tank of gas returned 33 mpg. Very happy with car so far. Definitely will be adding cold air intake and window tint. Wish it came with privacy glass from factory.

7000 miles and four times back to the dealership
By greekguy9999 on 07/21/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First, 1500 miles, check engine light went on. It needed a software upgrade. Second, 3000 miles, GPS was frozen. needed a battery change. Third, 7000 miles, blind spot monitoring will not turn on. Dealership has no idea why and I need to come back when the Japanese builders are awake wherever they live so they can figure it out. So next time will be the fourth time. For a car that costs 30k, and is the top of their line, you would think I wouldn't need to come back four times within 8000 miles.

Game Over
By fenstersponge on 07/18/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Already put over 1000 miles on my new Mazda6 GT. I agree with an earlier post stating that this car is easily best in class. I drove everything multiple times and read tons of reviews. Drove Passat (gas and diesel), Accord, Fusion, Altima. It was down to the Passat and the Altima. The Passat was roomy and solid, the Altima had all the bells and whistles. Then I drove the Mazda. Game over. This car looks terrific both inside and out. Very classy interior. Lots of soft touch materials. Switchgear feels expensive. Take my advice and spring for the GT. The leather seats are AMAZING. I got the almond leather. Does not heat up in the July heat.

I love my Mazda6 Touring, easily best in class.
By sabbasmas on 07/14/13 06:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Mazda6 Touring automatic (White ext. and Almond/black leatherette inter.). I traded in my rattle trap 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe for it. I had CVT transmssion and other problems and it dissuaded me from buying Nissans for the future. I have been waiting for the 6 to come out and finally got one last week. I am averaging 33 mpg during this first tank of gas. The interior quality is a full class beyond anything inthis price range and appears on par with the Volkswagen CC or BMW 3 series. The 19 inch wheels and body are sexy and surprisingly, the car still rides very well with such low profile tires. It drives smoothly, but is very aggressive when you want it to be.

Best Midsize Sedan
By dankocke on 06/21/13 06:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Researched and drove most midsize cars. Nissan Altima is cheapest with the most stuff but extremely bland and a terrible CVT trans. Really liked Passat and Accord but then decided to give the M6 a try. I was instantly impressed with the driving dynamics and the nice interrior. I had a 2008 M6 a couple years back and this one blows it out of the water. I like that I was able to get the Nav package as an add-on. I wanted to keep the price low but I like Nav... and this one DOES have traffic updates. . I have 1000 miles on it and all three tanks have gotten me 33mpg mostly highway commuting. May not be the best deal in terms of incentives, but got $1500 off price plus mil discount.

Mazda 6 GT - It doesnt get better than this at $30k
By hewhoiscalledj on 06/12/13 13:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our trusty 2000 Subaru Legacy GT finally needed to be put down... It was a tragic day for us since we loved this car to death... literally. The good news is that we chose the new Mazda6 Grand Touring with the advanced cruise control and forward obstruction warning package. This badboy came loaded and dressed to the nines with it's super slick (rotary inspired) 19" wheels. While it lacks the superior handling of symetrical all wheel drive and the low rev torque that our Legacy had, the Mazda6 handles the twisties and real life conditions with superb grace. It's a far smoother and refined machine compared to the Subaru. Everything about this car is just tight and mechanically perfect.

Puts a smile on my face every drive!
By sdoublelatte on 06/07/13 18:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove the 2012 camry xle and honda accord ex-l the same day as test driving this mazda 6 gt. The mazda 6 was the only one that totally put a grin on my face! It's been a month and it still does! 1. I just the simple math for calculating mpg and I got 38mpg! That's with about 70/30 highway/city. 2. The interior is so sharp! Subdued, classy. The accord was obnoxious with the 2 huge screens! 3. The bose 11 speaker sound system blows the other 2 cars away. I played metallic yesterday, drums, cymbals were crystal:-). 4. Rigid chassis, but not at all uncomfortable. It helps it turn on a dime. 5. Trunk is shaped like rectangle. you could actually fit large items in there.

Not quite an Audi or BMW but: WOW!
By ma6 on 05/30/13 21:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to replace my 2000 Altima SE with a CPO Audi or BMW since other options (Altima, Camry, Sonata and Accord) did not quite cut it for me. The VolksWagen CC was a strong option but I wanted to keep the price under 30K. Then, I came across the new M6. When I compared its features and advantages -for the price- to those of some of the luxury CPOs, I was sold. I am a spirited driver and I already own a 2001 Miata (I had also owned a Mazda 2200 Sport Truck a few years ago), so I was familiar with the brand and its characteristics. After about one week of ownership, the more I drive the car the more I like it. I am convinced that it may very well be the best in the segment.

impressed so far!
By cu503 on 05/19/13 17:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

coning from an Infiniti G, this was something I never anticipated buying! I researched a lot of cars and found this to be a great value. I compared it to cars costing 10Kmore! I am 6' 3" no issues with room! The new Mazda 6 is great looking,comfortable and while I just brought home a few days ago. I am really impressed!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*