2014 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Its getting boring, talking to all the people who ask about it
By troythiel

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

have had the car a little over a week, 15 GT in Reflex Blue with the almond leather package...and people on the street ask about it everyday...the car is just so dang beautiful that people want to know more about it....I don't have time to tell people about how great the car is...its great in every way so far!

everything

Just took delivery - so far so good
By mrod500

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't had the car a week yet but so far so good. I agree with the others that it's arguable one of the best looking cars on the road today. I also like that I'm not lumped into the "Camry and Accord" group. There simply aren't that many Mazda 6's on the road so it's nice to be a little different. I can see why they charge more for red or white. I went with white since so many of my friends have red cars. It looks great! I traded in a Corolla for this car so naturally it feels super loaded to me and it is. It's got literally everything. I've had several BMW models in the past and I like to feel the road and that's what you get with the huge 19" wheels.

Still getting used to the NAV and my previous car had NAV with traffic which was really nice. I don't think this NAV has traffic, or I haven't found to how to turn it on yet. The wheels are awesome, the lip spoiler on both the bottom front and the rear deck make the car look aggressive. The dash is loaded and the leather and stitching so far seems high quality. Fuel economy is supposed to be great however I'm still on my first take of gas so I'll get back to you on that one.

Can always use more horsepower although I went from 140 in my Corolla to 184 in this car so that seems adequate, for now. Arm rests need to be higher, especially for the left arm. The NAV is a little quirky to use (I've never used TOM-TOM before) but I would imagine I'll get used to it.

Fun, practical mid-size for enthusiasts
By kj123

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you like the handling of German cars but not the frequent repairs and upsized price, this may be the car for you. The ride is comfortable but definitely firmer relative to Accord, Camry, etc. My most recent cars were Audi A4, BMW 328 and VW Passat. This car is larger than the first two and gets better mileage than all of them...for thousands less. I checked for road noise at highway speeds based on many reviews and also, rough downshifts. I have not personally experienced issues with either.

Beautiful styling, Bose stereo, blind spot monitoring and Pandora built in.

Vehicle sits low to the ground, getting in and out isn't super easy. It could use additional horsepower.

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Great handling, solid gas mileage, good quality, great interior and exterior styling and the Xenon adaptive headlights are very nice.

As many have suggested, the car could use a bit more power, although I would certainly not characterize it as being underpowered. The up- level Bose sound system is only decent, not great, the Tom Tom navigation is a joke compared to even 5 yr old Garmin systems. There should be more interior storage areas, the HomeLink mirror should include a compass feature, as is common and I would certainly prefer a water temperature gauge vs the existing light that simply goes out when the car has warmed up.

Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!

Where do I start? So much to love! Touring w/tech awesome Bose stereo, nav, rear cross traffic alert, rain sensing wipers, dual climate, heated mirrors only $17 more/month: lotta car for 26000! Everything so smooth the ride, quick acceleration & silky auto trans. Awesome Bose sound system alone worth Tech pkg price! Nice upscale interior materials & fit/finish. Passengers compliment rearseat room & softness of leatherette seats over my previous Sonatas leather. 33mpg highway barely broken in. Meteor gray paint strikingly reflective & lustrous shows off the car's lines beautifully under street lights at night as well as direct sun. A sheer stunner both in style & content. Bravo Madza!

Gee... maybe include fog lights standard on Touring trim and up the horsepower to 200 from 184? But these are nitpicks because the car totally flies the more I break it in. The lighter structure & excellent auto transmission compensate to make it feel lighter on its feet & nearly as quick & effortless as the 274hp Sonata Turbo Ltd I traded for it (nice car too but the 6 rides even better & feels a class above in build quality). I hear the nav isn't that great compated to others, but i find it easy to use & it's turning instructions are very detailed & accurate. Otherwise if I experience any negatives I'll let you know, but for now nothing to gripe about!

• SUV