2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Astonishing value
By crookedroad on 08/17/13 06:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I nursed my 2000 Protege to the bitter end but spent the last year researching new cars. While I test drove other cars (the 2013 Accord was the best, nice and smooth but bland), I kept coming back to the 2014 6. I drive stick and tested the Touring and Sport trims. In the end the options on the Touring weren't worth the extra $$$. The touchscreen was distracting, the 19" wheels looked good but didn't ride well on rough rural roads, etc. Of course I've never had most modern options, so I don't look to my car for infotainment stuff. The 6 Sport is a dream to drive, and that's good enough for me. And after incentives the price was barely over $20k, which is crazy low for this much car.

Solid fun
By drive56 on 08/13/13 09:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven 3000 miles. Best highway mpg was 41! In slow big city traffic 27. This is a tight responsive, beautiful car. Good solid power, great handling, wonderful seats and a joy to drive. The manual is precise and engaging. The stereo is a little weak. The Sport is a real bargain. Way better mpg and improved handling over manual 2010 Accord coupe it replaced. I am very happy with this car and I like that I don't see them on every block. I got asked if it was a Tesla!

Steering and air conditioning vent problem
By zoomzoomtx on 08/11/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 1500 miles so far, having some issue with the steering wheel column making vibrating noises whenever the car's driving on bumpy roads, sounded like somethings loosen. I went back to the dealer to report the problem and they said it is a common problem that they've seen before and Mazda have a solution for it. That was three weeks ago, and now this vibrating noise is back again. Also, one of the air conditioning vent makes a noticeable whistle sound if air speed is over 50%. Any of you had similar problems?

Gorgeous
By skyactivity on 08/08/13 19:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

For the same price as a boring old camry, you can have the Mazda6, an extremely good looking, road-hugging, fuel sipping beast of a car. It looks like an infiniti with more character, it drives like a low and light bimmer, and costs half of either. While not perfect on the inside (the seats leave me a little sore; maybe it's just cause I'm 6'4") it's definitely a no brainer to get.

Mmmmmaaaazzzdddaaa!!!
By tmayagirl on 07/23/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought the 2014 Mazda 6 I touring model about 2 weeks ago and I love this car! I had an MX 5 soft top convertible before so I already was a Mazda fan. But now, in my humble nonprofessional opinion, Mazda has out done itself! Quality all the way! Alright I'm going driving now.

Happy so far
By sbronemann on 07/21/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just have over 500 miles on it now and the first tank of gas returned 33 mpg. Very happy with car so far. Definitely will be adding cold air intake and window tint. Wish it came with privacy glass from factory.

7000 miles and four times back to the dealership
By greekguy9999 on 07/21/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First, 1500 miles, check engine light went on. It needed a software upgrade. Second, 3000 miles, GPS was frozen. needed a battery change. Third, 7000 miles, blind spot monitoring will not turn on. Dealership has no idea why and I need to come back when the Japanese builders are awake wherever they live so they can figure it out. So next time will be the fourth time. For a car that costs 30k, and is the top of their line, you would think I wouldn't need to come back four times within 8000 miles.

Game Over
By fenstersponge on 07/18/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Already put over 1000 miles on my new Mazda6 GT. I agree with an earlier post stating that this car is easily best in class. I drove everything multiple times and read tons of reviews. Drove Passat (gas and diesel), Accord, Fusion, Altima. It was down to the Passat and the Altima. The Passat was roomy and solid, the Altima had all the bells and whistles. Then I drove the Mazda. Game over. This car looks terrific both inside and out. Very classy interior. Lots of soft touch materials. Switchgear feels expensive. Take my advice and spring for the GT. The leather seats are AMAZING. I got the almond leather. Does not heat up in the July heat.

I love my Mazda6 Touring, easily best in class.
By sabbasmas on 07/14/13 06:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Mazda6 Touring automatic (White ext. and Almond/black leatherette inter.). I traded in my rattle trap 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe for it. I had CVT transmssion and other problems and it dissuaded me from buying Nissans for the future. I have been waiting for the 6 to come out and finally got one last week. I am averaging 33 mpg during this first tank of gas. The interior quality is a full class beyond anything inthis price range and appears on par with the Volkswagen CC or BMW 3 series. The 19 inch wheels and body are sexy and surprisingly, the car still rides very well with such low profile tires. It drives smoothly, but is very aggressive when you want it to be.

Best Midsize Sedan
By dankocke on 06/21/13 06:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Researched and drove most midsize cars. Nissan Altima is cheapest with the most stuff but extremely bland and a terrible CVT trans. Really liked Passat and Accord but then decided to give the M6 a try. I was instantly impressed with the driving dynamics and the nice interrior. I had a 2008 M6 a couple years back and this one blows it out of the water. I like that I was able to get the Nav package as an add-on. I wanted to keep the price low but I like Nav... and this one DOES have traffic updates. . I have 1000 miles on it and all three tanks have gotten me 33mpg mostly highway commuting. May not be the best deal in terms of incentives, but got $1500 off price plus mil discount.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*